Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Broadband instillation

Options
  • 13-12-2007 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi there

Looking for a bit of help. Recently signed up to NTL broadband as I moved house. When the guy called we were in the middle of renovations. Left us with the box and said to call them again when we were good to go.

Trouble is they won't come out for a few weeks, just wondering is setting up the mdem difficult?

They left a Scientific Atlantic wire modem with a power supply and USB cable! Do I connect this drectly to the Cable supply?

Also, I have an old Netopia wireless router, can I use this to get wireless throughout the house or do I need to give NTL the cash for a new router.

I apologise for the lack of technical knowledge but am extremely frustrated. I am thinking of biting the bullet and just going back to Eircom!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

If you have an active modem and cable supply its straight forward.
    Connect your cable from the outlet box(TV port) direct on to your modem. Then using either an ethernet cable or USB connect(must have driver cd for usb) the modem to the pc.
    If the old Netopia wireless router is an dsl model its no good to you. You will need a new one NTL supply one at a discount cost to what you would pay in the shops. You can also buy them is any computer shop.

Advertisement