Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant with decent Vegetarian options in Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 13-12-2007 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭

I'm going out for dinner next week and am trying to find a restaurant in or around the city centre that isn't neccessarily totally vegetarian but would have good vegetarian plates on offer.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

you might get better responses by posting here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=572

depends on your price range really. most italian and indian restaurants have very good vegetarian options and another great one that people wouldn't necessarily think of is middle eastern like sinners on parliament street (between porterhouse and thomas read) which with the mezzes is a great way to share a meal if there are a crowd of you.

the pearl brasserie has a separate vegetarian menu as does l'ecrivain though you're talking serious dosh for the latter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

101 Talbot always has fairly good vegetarian options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

It's a meal for two so don't need somewhere catering for crowds. L'Ecrivan would be a bit out of my price range alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Jimmy81

Govindas on Middle Abbey Street or Aungier Street is fully veggie and very tasty.
    May not be the best place for a posh night out, but it is damn nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

They also just opened up off merrion sq. Definatly not the best place for some posh nosh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Jimmy81 wrote: »
    Govindas on Middle Abbey Street or Aungier Street is fully veggie and very tasty.
    May not be the best place for a posh night out, but it is damn nice.

I ate there last week for the first time ever and was very disappointed - very average food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Delganys Finest

Cornucopia on wicklow st(i think)
    Lovely food entirely veggie afaik.
    Always packed though:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Cornucopia on wicklow st(i think)
    Lovely food entirely veggie afaik.
    Always packed though:/

Ugh. Ate there once and found it horrible. I'm looking for more of a restaurant with table service etc, trying to make a good impression you understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Jeff (the dude) You are going to find it really really hard to get somewhere next week. The restaurants are going to be packed and booked up. Quality will be down by about 20% as it is this time of year every year. The menus will be reduced "xmas" menus!

Might I suggest one of the ethnics? Not your typical xmas party venues and usually cater for veggies.... try Ho Sen (Vietnamese) SABA (Thai Vietnamese.. excellent food).

Othewise you could drop in to Elephant and Castle and get told they are full, go for a couple of pints and come back.

Fallon and Byrnes is really good, so its Town Bar and Grill.

Good luck..

Advertisement