Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Charges

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

swx22000 wrote: »
    Phone Aviation Regulators on 016611700
    LOL, the aviation regulator are unable to do anything to Ryanair. Did you see the two on Prime Time? Ryanair pretty much tell them to f'uck off with solicitors letters every time they try to do anything. The regulator said that their fax machine constantly has legal threats coming through from Ryanair.

Besides - what charges are there that you cannot avoid? You can check in with 10kg handbaggage online - it costs ryanair less thus you save more. By checking in online you can save money and get priority boarding for free. The only fee that seems to be hidden charged to an extent is the credit card fee of 3 euro (which seems to be 3 euro each way). This, however, is the same price that aerlingus charge and their flight is also more expensive so go figure.

I usually fly with Aerlingus to Berlin but the last time I was coming home I did so with ryanair and I must say they seem to be much much more efficient.

The simple thing of checking the boarding passes as you come in the door to the gate as opposed to waiting until you are about to board saves time.
    Not allowing people to pick their seats is great too from an efficiency point of view as people get onto the plane and settle alot quicker as a result.
    The safety message on the airplane is prerecorded which is a great idea.

The only things I didnt like (or prefered on aerlingus) about the flight was, from a customer point of view, was that I could pick my seat on aerlingus so didnt have to worry about queing, the airplanes seem quieter and smoother on aerlingus, the seats are a bit more comfortable on aerlingus but I do like on ryanair how people cannot put back their seats so that evens that out and that ryanair try flog off many things on the flight which makes it feel like you are in a shopping mall with lottery cards etc but they are not that much worse than aerlingus.

Overall you do not lose a whole lot of comfort over aerlingus but you can save about 50% in the cost which is great. I would definitely fly Ryanair again but only if there is a big difference in price (min price to berlin return is 44 euro - Aerlingus is about 80 euro). If there was only a 10 or 15 euro difference I would pick aerlingus though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Davidth88 wrote: »
    As far as Ryanair is concerned , I have avoided them ( using them only when I have to ) since they started charging for wheelchairs.

All airlines charge for wheelchairs, it's just Ryanair decided to only charge the person who was going to use it, not split the cost between all passangers. AFAIK Ryanair was forced to remove this charge so now every person who flies with them has to pay a certain amount for other people to use wheelchairs and I would assume that Ryanair would make money from this is no wheelchairs were needed as they would still be collecting the money

Advertisement