Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mitchell Report out today about 7pm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Hopefully there won't be any prominent Red Sox players, what with them being prime examples of the *******n sporting ideal and all :) Of the current lot, some think Varitek could be on it. For former players, perhaps Nomar Garciaparra and Trot Nixon.

Apparently Roger Clemens is a cert to be named, and one can assume Gary Sheffield would be there etc :)

(edit)O l y m p i a is censored??!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Hopefully there won't be any prominent Red Sox players, what with them being prime examples of the *******n sporting ideal and all :) Of the current lot, some think Varitek could be on it. For former players, perhaps Nomar Garciaparra and Trot Nixon.

Apparently Roger Clemens is a cert to be named, and one can assume Gary Sheffield would be there etc :)

(edit)O l y m p i a is censored??!

Its censored due to a dispute between boards and the owner of a certain Dublin venue.
    As for Steroids...Of former Red Sox, I'd also say Millar could be possible. Can't believe Troy Glaus got away with it....
    I see the Jays might sign Eckstein....poor ol' Johnny Mac...Sure he can't hit for nuts but so great to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I don't think Eckstein was named in the Mitchell Report.

Here's a list of most of the names Major League Baseball players listed in the Mitchell Report.

The following players were connected to steroids, either use or possession, in the report:

Lenny Dykstra
    David Segui
    Larry Bigbie
    Brian Roberts
    Jack Cust
    Tim Laker
    Josias Manzanillo
    Todd Hundley
    Mark Carreon
    Hal Morris
    Matt Franco
    Rondell White
    Andy Pettitte
    Roger Clemens
    Chuck Knoblauch
    Jason Grimsley
    Gregg Zaun
    David Justice
    F.P. Santangelo
    Glenallen Hill
    Mo Vaughn
    Denny Neagle
    Ron Villone
    Ryan Franklin
    Chris Donnels
    Todd Williams
    Phil Hiatt
    Todd Pratt
    Kevin Young
    Mike Lansing
    Cody McKay
    Kent Mercker
    Adam Piatt
    Miguel Tejada
    Jason Christiansen
    Mike Stanton
    Stephen Randolph
    Jerry Hairston
    Paul Lo Duca
    Adam Riggs
    Bart Miadich
    Fernando Vina
    Kevin Brown
    Eric Gagne
    Mike Bell
    Matt Herges
    Gary Bennett
    Jim Parque
    Brendan Donnelly
    Chad Allen
    Jeff Williams
    Exavier "Nook" Logan
    Howie Clark
    Paxton Crawford
    Ken Caminiti
    Rafael Palmeiro
    Luis Perez
    Derrick Turnbow
    Ricky Bones
    Ricky Stone

The following players were cited under "Alleged Internet Purchases of Performance Enhancing Substances By Players in Major League Baseball."

Rick Ankiel
    David Bell
    Paul Byrd
    Jose Canseco
    Jay Gibbons
    Troy Glaus
    Jason Grimsley
    Jose Guillen
    Darren Holmes
    Gary Matthews Jr.
    John Rocker
    Scott Schoeneweis
    Ismael Valdez
    Matt Williams
    Steve Woodard

The following players were linked through BALCO:

Benito Santiago
    Gary Sheffield
    Randy Velarde
    Jason Giambi
    Jeremy Giambi
    Bobby Estalella
    Barry Bonds
    Marvin Benard

Hopefully this is the last we hear of Clemens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Mad!....just mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

And no doubt this was just the tip of the iceberg.. imagine if the players actually spoke up about the whole issue. you have to believe that alot more players were on some stuff.. Gagne is an interesting one that maybe some of us should have seen.. guy becomes superstar closer overnight and his decline in the last couple of years is just as staggering.. Clemens is no surprise to anyone, i think that should rubber stamp his retirement!! How about the Orioles timing of the Tejada trade?? Wonder if they got a leak and figured his trade value would diminish..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Pettitte has admitted he took HGH twice in 2002, conveniently before it was outlawed by MLB..

Clemens continues to strenously deny he ever took anything, which is pretty unbelievable just looking at his numbers.

Advertisement