Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drop down menu

Options
  • 13-12-2007 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a drop down menu that is linked back to a column (EmployeeName) in a table (tblEmploteeDetails which contains all employee details e.g. Names, email address, extension, mobile no...). I would like to be able to select a name from the drop down and for the employee's extension,Email & mobile no to appear underneath.

Can anybody help me here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Can anybody help me here?

Yes they can :D

What language ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭The Mighty Dubs

Im using ASP VBScript and an MS SQL Server 2000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭FindingNemo

have yout tried google ?

There are hundreds of tutorials out there that show how to do this.

Give it a stab and if you're still having difficulty post some code that you've tried and we can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

If you have dreamweaver you can do it almost point and click - although its a fair few years since I've used dreamweaver.

I remember doing something similar in asp and dreamweaver did a lot of the donkey work.

As others have said theres any number of tutorials other there on this. Its a very common task...

Does if have to be asp? You might find it even easier in asp.net. Visual Studio Express is free. Again, tonnes of tutorials out there and quickstarts to learn off.

Advertisement