Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spam SMS from estate agents

Options
  • 13-12-2007 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi,

Just wanted to check if anyone else has experienced anything like this.

About six weeks I seen a property on DAFT which looked really good value and was close to city centre. I contacted the estate agent who told me they hadn’t setup any viewings yet but took my number to arrange a viewing. After a week I still hadn’t heard anything back so called them again and basically all they wanted to do was get my number.

Anyway, they never called back and I forgot about the property until today when I received a SMS from them advertising a different property!(I never asked to be added to a mailing list and the SMS I received has no mention of unsubscribing from this list)
    I suspect the initial property didn’t exist and the advert was just there to get peoples email address. I contacted the company and they said it was just a once off, but I wonder is this common practice?

Has anybody had any similar experiences?

Comments

Advertisement