Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recomend a good sniper game??

Options
  • 13-12-2007 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Anyone recomend a game where your main weapon would be a sniper rifle??
    Looking for that type of game for PS2 or PC.

Am I right in saying project ICI (or summat) is kinda that type of game??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

sniper elite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Keith C wrote: »
    Anyone recomend a game where your main weapon would be a sniper rifle??
    Looking for that type of game for PS2 or PC.

Am I right in saying project ICI (or summat) is kinda that type of game??

Ghost Recon 1 or 2...you can use a sniper rifle anywhere you want....great game...best one I've ever played. Its Supreme online...though I have it for the XBOX 360. Its definitely on PC though not sure about PS2....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

kaimera wrote: »
    sniper elite
    Good thing he didnt ask for a good sniper game :)

There arent many games where your primary weapon is the sniper, afaik. Loads of games have them though, and COD4 is a recent example of using the sniper rifle well (especially the M50). How about JFK Reloaded :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Sniper Elite is the only decent sniper game out there. As mentioned above, there are games that let you use a sniper rifle, but it's not always the point of the game/level. Plus Sniper Elite is most likely on budget now.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Its not strictly a sniper game per se but if you can live with the flaws, Armed Assault (basically Op Flashpoint 2a) has some pretty good and realistic sniper missions.

Website is here. You can also buy it as a download from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

What about Killzone where you can play as the sniper character through all of the levels except the first one? Decent game on PS2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Project IGI is pretty poor. Respawning enemies is just cheap.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

rgiller wrote: »
    What about Killzone where you can play as the sniper character through all of the levels except the first one? Decent game on PS2

That game was a load of scutter, thats why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Work blocks me from game review sites, anyone any comments on this?

Sniper 2 (PS2)

http://www.thehut.com/hut/8472668.product

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

It ain't a sniper game but there is a boss in MGS3: Snake Eater where you have to battle a sniper dude and to say its intense is an understatment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    That game was a load of scutter, thats why.

You should start that sentence with "in my opinion". I found Killzone to be an enjoyable shooter and quite a good game really. 8/10 anyway and definitely not "scutter" as you called it

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

but what if the game actually was scutter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Sniper Elite in Co-op was fantastic. No idea what it'd be like in single player but that bullet chaser camera really made the game (every time you got a headshot, the camera would follow your bullet all the way to the target, letting you see it impact. splat :D).

Some great moments in that, like providing covering fire from a bell tower to a guy down below under heavy fire from ground troops.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

At the moment I am playing team fortress 2,mainly using the sniper rifle on custom maps on sniper rifle only servers...and it is great,concider it anyhow.
    I highly reccomend this game for p.c.:cool:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

The single best game you will find for this kind of thing is the original Ghost Recon on the PC, you should be able to pick up the gold version with the extensions for around a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

sniper missions in cod4 are good...ghille suites , savage!

but ya, sniper elite, although outdated now, still in my books a very skilled sniper game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

How bout playing as Sniper in BF2 or BF2142? You get to play as sniper and get to kill real life people (online I mean ) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Rainbow Six Vegas can be all about sniping if that's your play style.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

How many of those games actually take real world things in to consideration such as the ballistic of your round, bullet drop, angle of shot, and probably the toughest element the weather.

Most of the games mentioned like Graw, CoD4, TF2 and R6: Vegas are crap sniper games. Sure there's weapons with scopes but it takes nothing into consideration and before I get fleeced yes its lots of fun to shoot people with scoped weapons.

Sure in Cod4 there is one shot where wind plays a part but that's it.

Having never played Sniper Elite does it take all those things into account and does the user have to adjust for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

yea, SE does take that stuff into account.

Can tweak the settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

Yeah Sniper Elite takes the biscuit imo

Its rock hard because it takes everything into account which makes it so challenging!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

kaimera wrote: »
    yea, SE does take that stuff into account.

Can tweak the settings.

Good to hear

or u could jus buy a real rifle.... get a .223 and ul be takin lots of things into account at long range...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

I thought COD4's sniper bit was really good. If they made a sniper mod I'd say it would be incredible.

I thought COD4's sniper bit was really good. If they made a sniper mod I'd say it would be incredible.

HINT HINT to all u tech heads n programers!!

Advertisement