Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are lingus 72 hour sale

Options
  • 13-12-2007 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

ive just been over on the aer lingus site and seen that they are advertising flights to destinations in europe for 28 euro one way incl taxes and charges .so by rights if you go to the link lets say for dublin to amsterdam and pick the two lowest flights you can find you should get them for 56 euro .but not so ,the cheapest i could come up with was 90 odd euro, i know its still a cheap fare but im sick of what i see as false advertising .it seems that aer lingus are using the ryanair hoodwink tricks now

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I would imagine it would depend on the days of the week you are travelling and returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

MarkR wrote: »
    I would imagine it would depend on the days of the week you are travelling and returning.

Exactly... its FROM €28.... you have to fly on specific days to get that fare.. nothing new about this... its the same in every industry... hotels, travel etc... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

AFAIK there is legislation being drawn up to force airlines to display all charges in advertisements. Bring it on. What really p*sses me off is the credit card charge, where you have to pay a fee for each passenger even though it's only one transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭hotshots85

i know what the two of you,s are saying as to flying on certain times days etc but if you go onto the site and pick two of the lowest fares you can find it still wont come up at 56euro all in .im just having a gripe at the way they advertise one price and say that all taxes and charges are included and when the final quote is nearly double

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

All taxes and charges are never included as at the very least you have the handling fee to pay.

Fair enuf baggage is optional but still means that all taxes and potential charges are not included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Do Aer Lingus have a feature like Ryanair where you can search for the cheapest flights?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭lynchie

dudara wrote: »
    Do Aer Lingus have a feature like Ryanair where you can search for the cheapest flights?

Ryanair have such a feature? How do you search for the cheapest flights from say Dub - London in March?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

On the giant big sale banner:
    *Terms & Conditions
    Fares are one-way and include taxes and charges. Handling fee per ticket: €6 per person for credit card, €2 per person for debit card transactions. Subject to terms, conditions and availability. Valid for travel 8th January 2008 - 12th March 2008. Book by 13 December. Limited availability during holiday and peak travel periods including Bank Holidays, Christmas Holidays and sporting events. Weekend supplement applies.

I assume these fees are where it gets more expensive than you think.
    I do not think legislation is in place yet so no law being broken... yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

I was just on the airlingus website looking at those flights as well. I checked Dublin to paris and dublin to faro for every day between the dates that they are advertising, but the catch is that despite the flights being as cheap (and some cheaper) as advertised (29 and 39 euro for the 2 flights above), the taxes are in by default (before you select your date), so no matter what day you pick, the taxes are the same.

It says the following :
    *Terms & Conditions
    Fares are one-way and include taxes and charges. Handling fee per ticket: €6 per person for credit card, €2 per person for debit card transactions. Subject to terms, conditions and availability. Valid for travel 7th January 2008 - 10th March 2008. Book by 21st January. Limited availability during holiday and peak travel periods including Bank Holidays, Christmas Holidays and sporting events. Weekend supplement applies.

Surely this is a blatent lie, if you cannot book any flights without paying taxes and charges?

• Advertisement
Advertisement