Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

new landcruiser lwb comm

Options
  • 13-12-2007 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

hi folks
    does anyone know much about the new model landcruiser lwb commercial?
    what are they like on fuel, with the perm 4wd..

also how does gormelys plans affect these? is road tax changing from €253 per annum?

in my current car, i get avg 30/31mpg over the tank.....how would the manual lwb comm landcruiser compare?

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I reccomend a Discovery... I don't know a whole pile about the Cruisers, but the are very bland and haven't changed much. The comm disco's are lovely jeeps. A 2.7 TDv6, 190bhp and 440nm. Tow 3.5 tonnes and the new XE models for 08 have a nice bunch of extra's... Sorry now for not answering ur question but it's just another choice for u...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

I reccomend a Discovery... I don't know a whole pile about the Cruisers, but the are very bland and haven't changed much. The comm disco's are lovely jeeps. A 2.7 TDv6, 190bhp and 440nm. Tow 3.5 tonnes and the new XE models for 08 have a nice bunch of extra's... Sorry now for not answering ur question but it's just another choice for u...

hi thanks for that :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

i only asked for info on the landcruiser TBH... the discovery is not a patch on it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Hence
    Sorry now for not answering ur question but it's just another choice for u...

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

We tend to get 30mpg from ours if they're manual, and around 26 if they're automatic,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

There was another thread bout Landcruisers here a few days ago....i had a swb Landcruiser for just over a year in '05....bought it new for 30k...put lots of km's on it in a year....never a single problem....nothin.
    Great for towing and great off road also if you fit mud tyres.
    As for the recomended Dicovery........please....the landcruiser is in a different league.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

yep, The toyota will hold its value bdetter than the disco.
    AFAIK, there a no changes in the commercial rates of road tax or VRT.
    It could be a good time to go commercial.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Commercial tax is going to 277 from 253

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Give me a Disco with air suspension any day and iv been driving all sorts of jeeps since i was knee high to a grass hopper. In our business we use jeeps for a few different applications.

Dont get me wrong, the cruiser is a lovely jeep, reliable and great pick up if thats what you want - ie for work off road or towing a heavy trailer. Resale is great on cruisers alright, but i expect that they will fall more into line with other players in the market as building boom slows down and builders/contractors start to sell off vehicles and also people have less disposable income for buying them and paying for running costs.

The cruiser is in a different league alright drive wise - below the disco. I have an 07 landcruiser and an 05 Disco at my disposal and i go for the disco EVERY time. Once you get used to it, it drives itself - no need for 'setting or placing' (for want of a better word) it on the road to drive around bends like the cruiser.

Honestly, i cant express how much i love to sit into the disco and go for a long journey, its THAT comfortable. My brother uses it a lot for towing loads of machinery and swears by it. The cruisers we use for donkey work and going on sites.

Also the disco makes a better impression if its not builders or farmers your dealing with.

To answer your question, the cruiser is heavy on fuel and if you put the boot down or drive it on you can almost see the needle dropping (and they lend themselves to driving on, you rarely see one going slow :)), But all proper 4x4s are the same.

If your worried about mpg and paying for diesel I wouldn't buy a big jeep like that unless you actually need the capabilities of it for work/play.

Advertisement