Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Envelope still hasn't arrived

Options
  • 13-12-2007 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

A mate down in Cork posted last Thursday evening an envelope with 2 kind of membership cards in it - they would be the same size and as strong if not stronger than your visa/atm card.

He sent them by normal post but they still haven't arrived to Dublin as of today.

Slow post or lost ?

Can i do anything if they are lost ?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

could be just the Christmas delays tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Most likely due to Christmas post.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

They're probably held up somewhere, but even by An Post standards that seems slow. Though, to be honest, I've had letters delivered from England in faster time than An Post take to deliver local letters.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

Ah i'm in the same boat though sort of coming from the opposite side(Dublin - Limerick). Been waiting on some stuff since last week...
    Though, to be honest, I've had letters delivered from England in faster time than An Post take to deliver local letters.
    Same here, on average 2 days faster.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Christmas post... a lot of people ringing up complaining to us saying they're not getting their insurance discs, we're sending them out. An Post is slow this time of year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

Didn't arrive today either,so over a week now and still no sign.

Hopefully be here Monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I've been having the same trouble.

Had a package sent from the states and the company had a track and trace service - it took three days to get from Kansas to Dublin - took four days to get from Dublin to Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭IncredibleHulk

Can i do anything if they are lost
    Not much unless the letter is registered. I think you can request them to look for it,there is a form to fill in.Ask at your PO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

Arrived yesterday,so 8/9 days from Cork to Dublin.

Xmas time or not its still a joke to take that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I had a package shipped from Canada to here, and it too from 30/04 until 07/12. Now there's a delay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seaner

i sent my christmas cards last Thursday and some people got them on the Friday, others on the Saturday. I was pretty amazed at how speedy An Post delivered them tbh.

Advertisement