Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online number plate designer

Options
  • 13-12-2007 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

im looking to get a web site up and running soon. i sell custom number plates. i've noticed alot of other sites have a "plate builder" which have live previews of graphics and fonts that can be used, like the one on this site, http://www.customisedplates.com/showplates/
    I just woundering if any one would know where i could get this software or if some one could make it or even tell me how to make it.
    the one on this site is not the best but you get the point:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Someone could probably code something using ImageMagick or GD2 in php5 ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Theres any number of ways it could be done - flash, silverlight, even GDI+ and asp.net etc

You could try something like put an ad on www.rentacoder.com or www.freelancers.net or any of a number of websites - with a job spec and price and Im sure people will bid for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

That version looks pretty simple to be honest ... pretty much static images for every possible option then its just picking the letter and size and other bits and pieces ...

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Potluck

cheers for getting back to me so quick lads. yeah that plate builder is very basic i'd like it to do a bit more like moving the side badges.
    i'm a complete novice to tell you the truth:o just having a look at rentacoder now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 John_flood73

try elance.com you should get someone here for the job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Nobody has mentioned it yet but these type of plates probably wont pass the NCT :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

cormie wrote: »
    Nobody has mentioned it yet but these type of plates probably wont pass the NCT :(
    No, but for cars that won't be on the road, novelty plates as gifts, foreign markets, etc...

Anyway, thats neither here nor there for this forum.

Advertisement