Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Etqw

Options
  • 13-12-2007 2:14pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If a forum goes for 2 weeks without a post then it gets deleted so I thought I'd save what I thought would be a busy forum with the release of ETQW but it seems that BF2 is more alive than here !

We don't even get any SPAM !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

ETQW is a strange game. The game itself is great, the objectives etc. As a competitive game its getting hammered because of the rule sets etc driving players away.

As a public game if a few clanned players join one side they completely obliterate the other side. As the game needs team play to work well when its introduced to a server the other team invariably leaves.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

At least when you scan for a server to lpay on you see the list of players on each side so I can avoid the ones that have too many clan members playing together and aim for the servers (SaaR, or LAW) that tend to mix their clan members between sides.

I find that when I play on a public server with a mate with teamspeak that it makes a HUGE difference to the overall result. I guess BF2 was the same also but not as clear without having objectives to attain.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Well, I can't play it at them moment thanks to traffic shaping or whatever by NTL. Apparently the 1.4 patch will fix that (hopefully). Pretty disgraceful on NTL's part. Eve online is also affected I hear and probably a few other games too.

Advertisement