Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need a little help finding a book...

Options
  • 13-12-2007 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

I need a bit of help finding a book for my mom for christmas. I know she wanted one that was realised recently about hurricane katrina in new orleans. The only other information Ive been able to find out about it is that its fiction, its by a well known author and it was reviewed and RTE Radio 1's Marian finucane programme in the last few months.

Thanks for your help in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I don't know the book, but a quick search gave this list of books Marian Finucane has reviewed on her show, so it's probably there somewhere :)

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/marianfinucane/1020954.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

James Lee Burke, the crime writer, has written one about the aftermath of Katrina . I heard it discussed on Marion's show a while back with John Connolly, the Irish crime writer.
    Just checked and its on the list!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 trekker_50

Thanks a million for your help, I would have been forever trying to find that myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I'd get the factual one by Douglas Brinkley. Well worth reading.

Advertisement