Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any resturants the serve good gluten free food?

Options
  • 13-12-2007 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    my friend is coming up to me in the coming week and i want to take her out for dinner. We recently went out and i felt so sorry for her when we were ordering our food. She found it very difficult to find any decent food that would suit her on the menu. Shes a celiac and i noticed her get very frustrated by the end of the eve. Id love to take her somewhere that wont be an ordeal for her when ordering.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    thanx
    ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Am interested in this aswell actually.

The only place that I know of is the Bagel place in the epicurian food hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Take her somewhere simple like a steak house or a grill. Half my family is coeliac and we never have too many problems eating out. If you want to really be taken care of though go to Rollys in Ballsbridge. Mention she is a coeliac and they will go through the entire menu with you letting you know what dishes can be modified etc. They will be able to give you gluten free bread for the table and everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭shopaholic

Also Cafe Mao in Dundrum (not quite the city centre) do a caoeliac specific menu and i think they can edit most of their dishes so that it suits!bg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Cafe Bar Deli have gluten-free options for pizza and pasta on their menus for an extra euro or two.

Cafe Mao in Dundrum do coeliac-friendly food also.

Generally though, I can eat in lots of places (I'm a coeliac also), as long as I just keep an eye out and ask for things to be removed from dishes.

BoBo's burger bar on Camden Street will serve all their burgers in lettuce instead of buns if you want, and the patties are guaranteed gluten free.

Advertisement