Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We 1911 mags leaking

Options
  • 13-12-2007 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

Just got a 1911 with 2 spare mags from ehobby and they both appear to be leaking gas. Since its the 2 of them im hoping its something simple and not 2 faulty mags:(
    Anyone any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Every mag I've ever used has leaked at first. It just worked itself out through use and silicone oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

Give it a good spray with some silicon oil around all the valves should sort you out, same thing happened to my mags when I first got them

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭doubletap

you could get a valve key, i had the same problem so i stripped the mag completly used plenty of silicon oil then put it back together making sure the valves were in tight.
    i have found that sometimes after a bit of use the valves can come loose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

There was no need for a valve key, they were leaking from the bottom where the gas would go in. In any case the mags were sent back to ehobby after months of there dirt customer service and they managed to fix one and make the other worse. The gun is now sold with one mag and im still emailing them(which they outright ignore) to get the second one fixed.
    All the silicone oil in the world wouldnt fix them. The valves themselves were at fault not the o-rings.

Advertisement