Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hairstyle Change

• 13-12-2007 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

I have medium-long hair, its very thick and has good wave in it but wouldn't call it curly. Im naturally brown haired but i have blond highlights and its layered at the front. I wear it straight with some body most of the time.

Thing is id like a change... last christmas i died it dark brown which was different but this year i think id like to get a nice thick fringe in it. I cant find any good websites with fring styles at all, all the sites im getting have silly looking old fashioned perm type styles that are PANTS!

Any other suggestions for 'a change' would be appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

thick fringes need to be gradually built up and trust me, i know this from friends, wavy hair + thick full fringes do not work well together.

maybe a dark brown red and encourage the wave. its better to go with your hair instead of against it. plus not straightening it would be great for your hairs condition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I have wavy hair and tried to have a fringe

it's waaay too much work,it curls again within a couple of hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

I've curly hair and a fringe, a thick fringe at that, it isn't hard to keep the fringe straight for me and I know another girl who's in the same boat.

OP, pics would help us with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

I wouldn't call my hair 'curly' per se, its more wavy if left to dry naturally. If i straighten it and it gets damp it gets more body and starts to wave up and frizz a bit, but not curly really.

Heres a pic to help...

Hair.jpg

This looks pretty cool but might be a bit out there for the moment, better take it one step at a time :D

43.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The pic you have there is a bit radical all right and would be difficult to style. I say go for a longish side fringe and have the sides shaped more to frame your face with a couple of inches off the back. With wavy hair, the shorter the layers the harder it can be to control but you do need it to be slightly layered.

• Advertisement
Advertisement