Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do I want for christmas

Options
  • 13-12-2007 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, so my poor mam got on the phone to me this morning all in a tizzy about what to get me for christmas. Being a good daughter :D I told her anything. She quite rightly told me if she's spending money on something it should be something I want. But I dont want anything???!! Any suggestions for a good pressie for a 23year old female? (something which a mother would buy) :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

Money? Thats what I always get, money for clothes mostly. Have you your eye on a nice coat or pair of boots etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

A mail order Russian groom.

Oh and IMO at 23, its probably gone past the time for your mam to be buying big gifts, let alone you being worried about what to ask.

Excuse the harshness, I've had a pissy day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

This:-

<snip> c - 13: Come on, I know this came from after hours but the dildo joke is getting really old at this stage. Snipped as i'd rather not have a big dildo looking out at me when I click on this thread.

(tell her it's to remind you of what you're priorities in life are - tell her she might even get two for one ;) )

Genuinely though - a voucher for a store/salon you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved.

connundrum wrote: »
    Oh and IMO at 23, its probably gone past the time for your mam to be buying big gifts, let alone you being worried about what to ask.

Some mothers enjoy buying gifts for their children right up until old age sets in believe it or not. I have friends who get loads of gifts on Christmas morning from their parents and they're well ito their twenties! Personally, my mother stopped buying me gifts (Christmas/Birthday or otherwise) about the time I started working (when I was 18) I love giving people presents so I'l be buying my kids pressies (as long as I can afford to) however big or small for as long as I possibly can....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Oh I'm sorry about you're pissy day, God love you. No better way to cheer yourself.

In my family we always buy each other gifts, I buy for parents, grandparents, sisters etc, they buy for me. It's this way in most families I know? Is this unusual or do you just have exceptionally mean parents? (I'm also having a pissy day, you know, it does make you feel better!!)

I also buy for friends, pets etc, it happens once a year, whats the point in being mean? And if you would care to read my post I did say in it that I told her it didn't matter and she insisted I come up with something. Which is why I posted. If it bothered you just dont reply?!?!?!

:) l3LoWnA; you gave me a link and I can't follow it. What was it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

Clothes
    Voucher to get your hair done
    Day at a spa
    Digital camera
    Ipod
    Make up
    Perfume

My family always buy eachother gifts!! I always get asked what I would like and it's really difficult because usually if I need or want something I just buy it!! It's not like when your a kid and you really really want this toy but you can't buy it!!!

:) l3LoWnA; you gave me a link and I can't follow it. What was it??

Just a big black dildo - ignore me.....seriously! :)

Is there nothing you really want but can't afford yourself that you could ask your mother for?

Jewellery?

Ah thats the problem you see. I also just go out and buy whatever I want. I'm in a better position to do so than my mother (DINK) so I really dont know what to tell her I want. Vouchers are a good idea but she thinks thats a bit impersonal. (plus my work bonus was in vouchers :D )

• Advertisement

Ah thats the problem you see. I also just go out and buy whatever I want. I'm in a better position to do so than my mother (DINK) so I really dont know what to tell her I want. Vouchers are a good idea but she thinks thats a bit impersonal. (plus my work bonus was in vouchers :D )

What about asking her to dig deep into the cupboards for old family photos and make you up an album for your own house (or do you still live at home)

Or.....jesus, what to get for someone who has everything....hmm....there's bound to be SOMETHING you want missus!!

l3LoWnA wrote: »
    What about asking her to dig deep into the cupboards for old family photos and make you up an album for your own house (or do you still live at home)

Absolutely brilliant idea!!! Fantastic. Brought a tear to my eye even thinking about it! Thanks so much!

Absolutely brilliant idea!!! Fantastic. Brought a tear to my eye even thinking about it! Thanks so much!

YAY!!

Glad I could be of service :)

Mammies usually love doing those sorts of things too so everyones happy!

Advertisement