Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Charter

Options
  • 13-12-2007 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭

Gambling Forum Charter

Read this first and don’t gamble on getting a ban!

•The Gambling forum caters for anything and everything Gambling based. While it may have a slight soccer bias, we welcome anything you can have a bet on around these parts and any Gambling theories or systems you might like to share or discuss. Even Brian Cowens tie colour on budget day.

•While a gambling forum should have a big slant towards the horses, this one doesn’t. Try and keep any tips for the horses to the horse racing forum which you can find by clicking “sports” in the drop down menu and then clicking “horse racing” believe it or not.

•As with every forum on Boards.ie, no acting the bollocks is allowed. Acting the bollocks is outbursts/abuse against fellow posters on the forum, seeking out arguments aka trolling, dragging threads off topic or posting wildly off topic threads. If you find yourself doing any of this, expect the ban-hammer of justice to be placing itself in your vicinity very shortly.

•The third rule of the Gambling forum is you do not afterpost. The fourth rule of the Gambling forum is you do not afterpost. The fifth rule of the gambling forum…. You get the idea. Afterposting is coming on here telling everybody about how much you won off a 12 fold accumulator. Unless you posted it on the forum beforehand, no-one gives a shite. It’s very frowned upon around these parts.

•When posting a selection/tip please give a reasoning and background to the tip. In other words, don’t come on and say “Stick the house on XXXX to win, it’s a sure thing”. That sort of shite will not be entertained.

•Boards.ie is a private body, as such don’t post possibly libellous posts. You don’t have free speech. You don’t have free advertising either, so no commercial posts. Spam is not a type of food around here and will result in your banning. Possibly permanently.

•Moderators decision is final. If you have a problem with a moderator, take it to (a) Helpdesk or (b) Feedback. These can be found in the “Sys” drop down menu.

•You have to be over 18 to gamble. Therefore you have to be over 18 to use this forum.

•If someone posts a tip/selection (with a reasoning behind it) and it loses, do not abuse them. Believe it or not you didn’t have to follow the tip.

•Remember that Gambling is supposed to be fun and you should only gamble what you can afford to lose. Choose carefully and wisely what you bet on. You can’t win on everything otherwise the Bookies wouldn’t be in business. If you find yourself gambling more than you can afford or feel it’s getting to you, stop and take a break. Check out this website www.gamblersanonymous.ie

That’s the charter. We’re a big happy family around these parts and we’d like to keep it that way.

Let the gambling commence!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

^^^^

I posted this in the thread in feedback but no-one seems to give a ****e, so I said I'd post it here for the people who actually use the forum.

Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That would all every well if we a mod to instigate said Ban-Hammer actions.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

cson wrote: »

•While a gambling forum should have a big slant towards the horses, this one doesn’t. Try and keep any tips for the horses to the horse racing forum which you can find by clicking “sports” in the drop down menu and then clicking “horse racing” believe it or not.

•When posting a selection/tip please give a reasoning and background to the tip. In other words, don’t come on and say “Stick the house on XXXX to win, it’s a sure thing”. That sort of shite will not be entertained.

Maybe you could use a different example?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Add gambling theory discussion welcome?

Links to Gamblers anonymous and other useful oganisations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Nice work cson.
    I see the study is going well ;);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

•While a gambling forum should have a big slant towards the horses
    Don't agree with at all.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

OK, I am the new mod in these here parts. I will write a sticky a charter over the next day or so, and will probably incorporate a chunk of the above.

Huzzzzzar!

Mike.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

A victory for the people!

Good to have you on board 5starpool. You'll make a few quid around these parts!

A victory for the people!

Good to have you on board 5starpool. You'll make a few quid around these parts!

Not if he listens to you he wont Keano ;););)
    Only joking, welcome new mod person!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

IrishMike wrote: »
    Not if he listens to you he wont Keano ;););)

You're wrong there IrishMike, that should read: not if he listens to threebeards :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I had to check my P&L on soccer betting for the last month and its a positve €80!

Dont do big bets so profit is never going to be massive like some of the big lads in here (betting big I am referring to ;) )

I had to check my P&L on soccer betting for the last month and its a positve €80!

Dont do big bets so profit is never going to be massive like some of the big lads in here (betting big I am referring to ;) )

/me looks at Mike65's waist and laughs !!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

jameshayes wrote: »
    Maybe you could use a different example?

Don't know what the problem is James? :confused:

I put in those two points to stop people coming on here posting a new thread for a tip with no reasoning behind it. e.g. "Torquay are nailed on to beat Horsham FC tonight, stick the house on it, it s a sure thing" > There's no reasoning behind a post like that.

The second one is to stop people having a go at other posters when a tip/selection loses. e.g. Mr A: "I think that Torquay have an excellent chance of beating Horsham FC tonight because XXXXX and XXXX. I reccommend having 1pt on them.

I spose its easy to get confused with them being beside each other in the charter.
    Vexorg wrote: »
    Add gambling theory discussion welcome?

Links to Gamblers anonymous and other useful oganisations?

Done.

There is a links sticky already though so only the GA link is added.
    Nice work cson.
    I see the study is going well ;);)

Going fantastic :p

Had Accounting exam today and spent the night before doing up that charter! No matter it was only JH's exam anyways ;)
    Dodge wrote: »
    Don't agree with at all.

Generally you'll find most gambling sites are geared towards the horses. The common practice with boards.ie is that horse racing tips/chat are put in the horse racing forum while all other tips/chat are put in the gambling forum. It seems reasonable to me and I don't see any need to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Generally you'll find most gambling sites are geared towards the horses. The common practice with boards.ie is that horse racing tips/chat are put in the horse racing forum while all other tips/chat are put in the gambling forum. It seems reasonable to me and I don't see any need to change.

I'm not disagreeing with sticking horse racing in its own forum. I'm just challenging the idea that "a gambling forum should have a big slant towards the horses"

I don't think it should, and the vast majority of people I talk to gambling about don't touch horses.

<---- another nag hater !

/me looks at Mike65's waist and laughs !!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

My waist is still the right side of 40" I'm not a big better but I am getting a better better :)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

charter stickied.

For anyone who cares, I have created a new (tidier) thread for the charter. This has been locked so as not to lose focus, and I have replaced this one as the sticky. If anyone has any opinions on it then you can post here and if a good suggestion is made, I will incorporate it. I have used large parts of cson's text anyhow, with just a few additions and editing of text done.

You should ban cson now for thinking he was the mod of the forum! :D
    Rule with an iron fist 5starpool, its the only way people will respect u ;)

• Advertisement

You should ban cson now for thinking he was the mod of the forum! :D
    Rule with an iron fist 5starpool, its the only way people will respect u ;)

You are banned for a month for telling me how to do my job

5starpool wrote: »
    You are banned for a month for telling me how to do my job

Ok we need a new mod!
    Keano start a new petition :D

IrishMike we cannot overthrow the new mod after just 2 days or can we???!!

I'll ban ye all and have this as my own private forum. Yes, yes, my preciousssss, that's what we shall do.

IrishMike we cannot overthrow the new mod after just 2 days or can we???!!

Theres nothing about it in the charter so i dont see why on earth not.
    Cson for mod!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

charter stickied.

Dont think it is. Maybe it should be

Dont think it is. Maybe it should be

This thread isn't, another one is. Look before you leap, etc etc.

Advertisement