Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheel Of Time Book 12 - New Author Chosen

Options
  • 13-12-2007 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭

Tor Books has announced that Brandon Sanderson has been selected to complete "A MEMORY OF LIGHT" the final novel in the Wheel of Time saga after the death of Robert Jordan in past September.

Full story here:
    http://www.dragonmount.com/News/?p=326

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,672 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I didn't even hear he had died, RIP.

Hopefully Sanderson will be able to cobble together the massive amount of loose threads the wheel of time has woven, and get a good book out of it. I had my doubts Jordan could do it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Blood and ashes - there's a thread directly below this that's clearly about this new book!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

two of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

So thats why i have not seen the next book.... thats too bad... then again... maybe the book will be better than the last few

I thought 11 was good - certainly infinitely times better then the piece of crap the book 10 was....

600+ pages to find out Rand had a bath and
    then yer one gets nabbed on the last page
    AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH

• Advertisement

which one? threw about book ten in disgust after a hundred pages

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lanfear

I'm looking forward to reading it, still find WoT enjoyable despite discovering the joys of Erikson, I occasionally braid my hair and wistfully smile while I give it a tug.....
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Well, I had a look at Brandan Sandersons website, and read three sample chapters from his Mistborn book, and it's interesting. Wouldn't mind reading them properly, so hopefully he can work some magic with what's left of the WoT series.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Suff

I loved all the books, I still have to read 11. I didnt bother with it cos I wanted 12 to be out or in the pipline before I can continue....I'll read book 11 some time next year, maybe in December to get me in the mood for "A Memory Of Light"..for now Pratchett will keep me company for few months.

Mordeth wrote: »
    which one? threw about book ten in disgust after a hundred pages
    Egwaine or what ever her name is; got nabbed and brought back to the 'real' aes sedia.

I realise possibly none of that is spelt right, but i'm sure you'll get the idea.

• Advertisement

oh, right.

ah, I hate that bitch anyway.

Advertisement