Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All day gambling/boozing

Options
  • 13-12-2007 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Question to the floor! Has anyone got good suggestions for pubs in dublin that are good for an all day gambling/boozing session? The criteria would be as follows: Comfortable pub with good tv/racing coverage, decent food and at least 1 bookies within 50 meters.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Know a few in limerick but dont think that is much use to u Murdog.
    Why not just get a paddypower online account and a copy of the racing post
    That way any pub that has sky sports can be your pub of choice.
    Would be lost without my dial-a-bet/online account.
    Its the bees knees as it were !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Anywhere along Dorset Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

murdog! wrote: »
    Comfortable pub with good tv/racing coverage, decent food and at least 1 bookies within 50 meters.

A big no no to mix a pub serving food with a racing/drinking pub.

You'll just have non race followers and drinkers in for food, making noise, getting in the way and generally being a pain in the ass.

Keep your food and your gambling/drinking separate.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭murdog!

good point bluetonic! criteria changed, pub cannot serve food!

I dont like telephone betting as the money doesnt seem real, end up blowing winnings later when i get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

What part of Dublin are we talking about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Just thinking about city centre. I was out in town last weekend and right on the corner of Abbey street lies a Paddypower and right across from that lies a pub (cant think of the name). I was thinking to myself that would be a handy number for a day with the lads. Basically if you stick a shirt on and shoes sure you're sorted for the day and night as long as you dont get completely mouldy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Dame Tavern, behind the Mercantile on Dame St.

When there's racing on, it's on the TV in here, nice crowd during the day and racing is top priority.
    Bookies outside the door, and if you're feeling particularly lazy the owner will send the lounge staff to the bookies for you.
    Nice jar too.
    Spent a nice few Saturday afternoons and long into the night there, highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭p15574

Davy Kehoes on South Anne St off Grafton St...nice pub, and there's a Chronicle betting shop in the alleyway across the street from it

EDIT: just realised, I don't know if they actually SHOW racing in the pub...worth checking though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Sgt Slaughter

Mate there is nowhere in dublin you can go where there is not a bookies and a pub and a chipper beside each other. Get in there and waste a day, drink til you can drink nomore and blow your money on bets. Theres no better feeling, you need to blow off steam like that on occasions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 redmanD7

The Dame Tavern off Dame Street across from the Stags hHad is probably the best all day gambling pub in the city. Racing on all day and it's within ten feet of a William Hills. They will even run bets for you if you are too wasted to go yourself!

• Advertisement
Advertisement