Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Romantic Men

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Im telling ya you sure have one very lucky girlfriend there thelastangryman, hope she keeps hold of you. Cuz if she doesn't after the ladies on boards read that post they will be lining up for ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Now, I'm no experts on the wimmin folk.

BUT, when I were a nipper in me early 20s, I was a total romantic. The ladies didn't like that so much.

Then as I got older, I realised that they like guys who are a bit more nasty, and a lot less romantic. So, I became one of them.

Then women liked me a lot more.So, I stuck with that.

So now I'm totally out of the way of being romantic. Haven't done anything romantic for a burd in a long time.

But I'm single, so what would I know :p

But I do think that what I've said has an element of truth to it. I'm sure a lot of the guys would agree with me too. Maybe? Possibly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

This thread is gross. :eek: You all have cooties.

*walks off in disgust.

tallaght01 wrote: »
    Now, I'm no experts on the wimmin folk.

BUT, when I were a nipper in me early 20s, I was a total romantic. The ladies didn't like that so much.

Then as I got older, I realised that they like guys who are a bit more nasty, and a lot less romantic. So, I became one of them.

Then women liked me a lot more.So, I stuck with that.

So now I'm totally out of the way of being romantic. Haven't done anything romantic for a burd in a long time.

But I'm single, so what would I know :p

But I do think that what I've said has an element of truth to it. I'm sure a lot of the guys would agree with me too. Maybe? Possibly?

I would agree to some extent there tallaght, but saying that i think an even mix of both. Yes girls like there men to be men, most of the time. But a bit of romance or gentle gesture every now and again goes a long long long way!

So basically a little bit from A and a little from B = WIN!

Oh and FYI.... We don't like being called "burds"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

That will change, when the right one comes along.

• Advertisement

l3LoWnA wrote: »
    A male trainee ambulance driver who was there to witness my daughters birth cried the whole way through it.....we didn't know each other! It wasn't romantic! Blubbering fool, and myself, not a tear!

Just saw this post.

When I was a medical student, I had "wet eyes" when I delivered my 1st baby.

But, being a bloke, I walked out of the room, and said to the boys "I dunno why all these benders get so emotional about delivering a screaming little parasite".

I've got an image to think of :p

I still get a lump in me throat from time to time at a delivery, despite having been at probably thousands of them.

That will change, when the right one comes along.

I wouldn't know what to do now :p

Even complimenting them on a nice outfit is a minefiled that I'm too scared to navigate, after a few fruitcake experiences lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I wouldn't know what to do now :p
    This cannot be the same world travelling tallaght01 that just blew in from NZ via So Cal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Jules80 wrote: »
    Oh and FYI.... We don't like being called "burds"
    Now love I'm sure he meant nothing by it.

This cannot be the same world travelling tallaght01 that just blew in from NZ via So Cal?

hahahaha, despite my well travelled, cultural ways, I'm still a mong when it comes to romanticizms :p

I used to be so good at it when I was younger.

By the way, there are outrageously hot women in Bev Hills. I would learn to be romantic if I lived there :D

• Advertisement

By the way, there are outrageously hot women in Bev Hills. I would learn to be romantic if I lived there :D
    How about the boardwalk at Venise beach? If it was warm and not raining when you were out and about, then you might have seen a few scantly clad sporting their stuff on roller blades and whatnot?

Now love I'm sure he meant nothing by it.

:mad:

How about the boardwalk at Venise beach? If it was warm and not raining when you were out and about, then you might have seen a few scantly clad sporting their stuff on roller blades and whatnot?

Lots of hippy burds, to be honest. Telling me how evil war is :p

And middle eastern blokes trying to sell me watches.

Some cool Kooky shops though. Really interesting place.

But, if I were to change my non-romantic ways, I'd defo have to be living in Bev Hills LOL

But, if I were to change my non-romantic ways, I'd defo have to be living in Bev Hills LOL
    Well, when you're again globe trotting and touch So Cal, if you like the Bev Hills birds, then perchance you should draw yet another sample by traveling a bit south from LAX to Newport Beach and Harbour?

Well, when you're again globe trotting and touch So Cal, if you like the Bev Hills birds, then perchance you should draw yet another sample by traveling a bit south from LAX to Newport Beach and Harbour?

Well, I'm gonna be in LA again in january, but I was going to try gang-member-women, just for something different. I don't reckon they'll be in need of a romantic bloke :cool:

Well, I'm gonna be in LA again in january, but I was going to try gang-member-women, just for something different. I don't reckon they'll be in need of a romantic bloke :cool:
    Then Fontana's your place! Plenty of girls riding chopper sissy seats wearing leathers and chains. Ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Jules80 wrote: »
    Im telling ya you sure have one very lucky girlfriend there thelastangryman, hope she keeps hold of you. Cuz if she doesn't after the ladies on boards read that post they will be lining up for ya!

They will be. Oh they will be. My main problem is I don't actually get what romance is. Does it mean showing up at her work and whisking her to Paris? Or remembering an anniversary?

Aren't those just normal things a boyfriend does?

Then Fontana's your place! Plenty of girls riding chopper sissy seats wearing leathers and chains. Ha!

It already feels like Fontana is my spiritual home. :D

do you know any hot gangbangers you could fix me up with? :p

do you know any hot gangbangers you could fix me up with? :p
    Sorry, out of my league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭RAFC

They will be. Oh they will be. My main problem is I don't actually get what romance is. Does it mean showing up at her work and whisking her to Paris? Or remembering an anniversary?

Aren't those just normal things a boyfriend does?
    Oh my! Have you redeemed yourself by saying that you DO remember birthdays and anniversary's - I am impressed :D.

I'm married 17 years and my hubby still can't get mine right :):)

• Advertisement

Sorry, out of my league.

Yea, so you say ;)

Just PM me her details if you're too ashamed of your friends to admit it on here :p

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MLE

34wks pregnant, I had severe oedema. SPD, pre-eclampsia, etc, etc - a complete state & was lying in theatre having an emergency section...cue lots of gore & my husband tells me "You are the most beautiful woman I have ever met - thank you for being my wife"....bless him! :):o

That made me cry, that is so romantic. I had two emergency sections myself and I would have loved something like that to be said to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,197 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Men are stupid when it comes to romance, you have to let them know what you like.

Just a quick reply on that (cuz i'm in a rush). Most men are stupid, thats because they're caught up in todays "thing" and are trying to be namly. Me, personally, i love being romantic, it's who i am, and i have to be romantic to herself everyday. Romance can be the smallest gesture, but it can make a huge impact, and because i'm not "teh hotness" when it comcces to looks, i ahve my romance to fall back on.

Also, at this point, i would like to thank all the men out there who haven't a clue what romance is, you're making my job easier!!!

I was going out with a girl once who wasn't into the romantic stuff (seriously, she actually didn't like it), so that went no-where!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

I still get a lump in me throat from time to time at a delivery, despite having been at probably thousands of them.

You'd have been crying (for me...) at mine - believe me :p

Back on topic....when I was a teenager and in love for the first time (was a brand new thing with this guy....I was head over heels) we were in the pub one night, and he was a real lads lad and was playing cards with a few of "the boys" Me and my friend were sitting at the next table. My man came over to me (we hadn't been with each other long, just really REALLY good friends and developing into something more....) and he had the "queen of hearts and the seven of hearts" He put the cards into my pocket and said I was his queen of hearts and the 7 he knew was both of our lucky number and he said for me to mind them until we met up later that night (I was heading away to a nightclub and he wasn't) I found that incredibly cute!

I still have the cards....*swoon* He also sang the whole Westlife song "If I let you go" to me once......but changed the names to mine and his....still have the memories.......But not the man (I f*cked up there too :rolleyes: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

my man is, (when other people aren't looking) probably one of the sweetest thigns ever... and he's made some lovely gestures, from flowers to remembering things, to doing his best to make me feel like im 'home' when in nz (obviously he knows that it's only short of breaking my heart to think im actually *leaving*)... but.. it really is the little things that make me melt on a daily basis... like texting me during his day, telling me he misses me and things like that (hehe, im feeling all coy now)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Hmmmm romance. Its a tricky one isn't it? What is romantic? Everyone has different opinions.

Flowers are great, being brought to dinner is great, getting presents is great. Who's going to say no? But they're not the be-all and end-all are they?

Personally its thoughtfulness that I love. You know when they listen to you and do something that you've said. It might have been a throw away comment that you've made and that you've forgotten about but they still do it. And a guy who can communicate, who's actually manly and courageous enough to say whats on his mind and in his heart.

A romantic man for me is those who go the extra mile, who makes an effort. And not just about the big things, the little things are even more important. Romance is when they show you that they love you and not by buying you presents or flowers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

though... my fella im with now is the first one to have ever bought me flowers, and the timing and everything that he did it at, and his very particular selection of flowers just meant the absolute world to me. it's one of the most amazing thing's he's ever done, and i still have the ribbon from them on my wrist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

All from the same man:

-love letters
    -driving 4 hours through the jungle at night to bring me to a private carribbean enclave
    a dozen white roses and champagne for new years
    -walking through central park when it was blanketed in white snow, picking -up twigs and making me a crown out of them, getting on his knees and presenting it to me
    -clicking his heels when he met my mother [which is just phenomenal if you knew my mother]

But what is most romantic, I think, and this ended a long time ago, is that I think that he is the one man I could forgive anything of.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,646 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I have always felt that flowers are the most predictable, lazy form of romance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Maybe if you are romantic with him he will reciprocate - I send my husband romantic mails during the day and he reciprocates, it makes me feel really loved throughout the day. He also picks up when I am having a bad day and tries to chear me up. I really have a great man.

Ha - just tried to be romantic to him! sending a nice text! The man thinks i'm seeing someone else or looking for something! There is no hope for him!! Luck i understand him!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement