Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Romantic Men

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Yeah I asked my dh last night to tell me something nice... He looked into my eyes and said. "you make great dinners!!"

They really dont have a clue...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

I met my boyfriend online during the summer, he lives in England, and after we had been talking for about a month he said he just had to come and see me and he saved up to come and visit me!

Now he is moving over here in February leaving his family and friends and he is working 2 jobs to save for that!

He's a keeper :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

At least he didn't say "something nice".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

My ex sent me flowers last week, for no particular reason. That was sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Rozabeez wrote: »
    My ex sent me flowers last week, for no particular reason. That was sweet.

Ex you say???!?!?!?

• Advertisement

Ex that I spent the day with yesterday. Hmmm.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Ex that I spent the day with yesterday. Hmmm.

Interesting! Could a reunion be on the cards?

Not just yet. Neither of us have the time or energy for a relationship. Doesn't make the feelings go away, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Don't think it's quite "romantic" in the traditional sense of the word, but my boyfriend sometimes gets this look on his face when he looks at me, it's sort of a smile and something in his eyes that makes me feel like the most special, beautiful girl in the world, and I know it's genuine and he's not putting it on for me, and that makes it all the sweeter. I kinda wish I could take a pit of that look so I could peek at it whenever I feel down!

Aw I love that boy so much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭SubjectSean

:eek::confused::eek::(:confused:confused::(:mad::mad::eek::confused::confused::mad::(:mad:

And they say we don't talk about our emotions.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Not just yet. Neither of us have the time or energy for a relationship. Doesn't make the feelings go away, though.

:( sorry to hear that. hope you guys work it out.

And they say we don't talk about our emotions.

Looks and gestures say it all really :)

That said my boyf talks about his feelings very well, even moreso than I do, Im not so good at it unless I'm asked a direct question!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

Ive always said my bf (over 6 years) doesnt have a romantic cell in his body. I live in Dublin, not by choice and he lives in Mayo. So many nights Im so miserable on the phone at night (thank God for Meteor free calls! :D), but on Monday, he rang to say goodnight and at the end of the call said "Look out your window". So I did...and there he was :eek:. Speechless! Now I know he can be romantic, but just never bothers!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭RAFC

Jeapy wrote: »
    Ive always said my bf (over 6 years) doesnt have a romantic cell in his body. I live in Dublin, not by choice and he lives in Mayo. So many nights Im so miserable on the phone at night (thank God for Meteor free calls! :D), but on Monday, he rang to say goodnight and at the end of the call said "Look out your window". So I did...and there he was :eek:. Speechless! Now I know he can be romantic, but just never bothers!!!
    Was he down on one knee, with a rose between his teeth - cos that would be romantic. Otherwise, sorry girl - he's just a stalker :):D:)

Only joking, that was a nice suprise. Romance aint dead after all then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

Jeapy wrote: »

i'm in the same boat distance wise - different part of country wahoo for meteor too - wish my other half had that great idea.
    He's not all bad though - makes me laugh so i guess thats his way of being romantic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Rhiannon14

The single most romantic moment of my life was meeting my bf in the airport after we'd been talking online for 2 months. Discovering someone so amazing was actually real, I could barely draw breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭angelicsaz

a few months ago i ended up in hospital, stupid accident involving flip flops and stairs, only had to get 3 stiches, the bf was at home after workin a 18 hour shift, so i text him jus to let him know reassured him i was fine and all that, that my friend was there id call him as soon as i got home. of course being the ejit he is, he turns up in the hosp, having cycled, wearing only jeans, the poor guy didnt even stop to put on boxers. a very squashed red rose and a melted box of roses. i laugh to think about him cycling through finglas like that. my dad had to lend him his shoes so he could come into me. he was all sweaty, but i didnt care it ment the world to me him doin all that for me so i could be all snuggly with him. he hasnt worn boxers sine that day either............... men. weirdos.

Hahahaha.....drunken ****. But Roza is soooo falling for ze ex.

I'm gonna cringe tomorrow, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

angelicsaz wrote: »
    men. weirdos.
    But you love us for it, right? :cool:
    Hahahaha.....drunken ****. But Roza is soooo falling for ze ex.

I'm gonna cringe tomorrow, right?
    Right! ... and just in case you chicken out and edit ... ^^^

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Piste wrote: »
    Don't think it's quite "romantic" in the traditional sense of the word, but my boyfriend sometimes gets this look on his face when he looks at me, it's sort of a smile and something in his eyes that makes me feel like the most special, beautiful girl in the world, and I know it's genuine and he's not putting it on for me, and that makes it all the sweeter. I kinda wish I could take a pit of that look so I could peek at it whenever I feel down!

Aw I love that boy so much :)

that's the bestest :) for about two years, my relationship happened online, or on teh phone, and there's been a few occasions on webcam where he'd look at me like that, and id melt, and then come to my senses and take a quick screenshot to keep the picture there... still feel all fuzzy when i see those pics :o:)

• Advertisement

Ooh that's an excellent idea, screenshots :p Gotta get him on webcam!

hehe, and was just rummagin through my room intending to think about packing, and found a seashell he sent me when we were first going out, we kinda have this whole 'thing' with beaches, and being by the sea, so that was pretty awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

*sighs*
    It's a hard thing in this day and age to be a romantic guy without appearing too clingy

i think it depends a lot on timing. all day everyday being oh so sweet and ****... meh...it gets less special and stuff... me and my guy spend plenty of time taking the piss iwth each other, and just messing about, or lounging about watching telly, i'd never think of him as clingy really... but sometimes, from seeminly out of nowhere, he'll just do something or say something and completely jst take my breath away :)

Ah yeah,

whenever I was with a girl, they'd almost always ask what it was I liked about them,

I'd always end up saying basic stuff as saying the things I really liked (the way you hook your hair behind your ear, the way your face glows in the sun, the way you giggle whenever you see a tractor and just make your face light up) just sounds corny

*sighs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

My brother is the most romantic man I know.

A few years ago he used to work at putting up headstones.
    So he had access to high quality marble and cutting equipment.

So for Valentine's day, he made his girlfriend a harts shaped piece of marble,
    engraved with the celtic symbol she has as a tattoo,
    but the clincher was that he set the piece in a small box, that was lined with shreaded
    cinema stubs from all the films they had gone to over the years.

They got engaged last month!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I'd always end up saying basic stuff as saying the things I really liked (the way you hook your hair behind your ear, the way your face glows in the sun, the way you giggle whenever you see a tractor and just make your face light up) just sounds corny
    Innocent sweeting talking you?

Innocent sweeting talking you?

Eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Quality wrote: »
    Yeah I asked my dh last night to tell me something nice... He looked into my eyes and said. "you make great dinners!!"

They really dont have a clue...

Ciara, is that you?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭netanyahu

i love love!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement