Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Romantic Men

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

My bf lives on the opposite side of the country. every now & then he decides at the last minute that he misses me & suddenly drives 4 hours to see me.

one time i was going on a night out with my friends, wasnt really looking forward to it cause it was going to be all couples & i was missing him, was on the phone telling him i didnt think i was gonna bother going, he spent ages trying to convince me - i figured out why when he turned up in the pub later :) no car at the time so it was a train, a bus, and then a 50euro taxi journey. felt very loved that night :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Ah, was in Boston for 48hrs to see this bloke I fancied. And I was wined and dined! Picked from the airport, got home (his place) headed to Appleby’s for breakfast/lunch (he picked what I ate, drank and they were nice). Drove around Boston; MIT, Harvard..... Then Copley place to shop and had dinner at the cheese cake factory (drinks, dinner and lovely dessert!) he picked everything. He wined and dined me and I didn't have to lift a finger or pay for anything btw :D.

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Ah, was in Boston for 48hrs to see this bloke I fancied. And I was wined and dined! Picked from the airport, got home (his place) headed to Appleby’s for breakfast/lunch (he picked what I ate, drank and they were nice). Drove around Boston; MIT, Harvard..... Then Copley place to shop and had dinner at the cheese cake factory (drinks, dinner and lovely dessert!) he picked everything. He wined and dined me and I didn't have to lift a finger or pay for anything btw :D.

why did he pick what you ate...?

sar84 wrote: »
    why did he pick what you ate...?
    Cause i had never been to either restaurants... And i enjoyed it.. It was like not being responsible for myself

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Cause i had never been to either restaurants... And i enjoyed it.. It was like not being responsible for myself

weird. i always enjoy deciding what i want, particularly in new places!

sorry, not calling YOU weird :p i just find the idea of someone else picking for me weird.

• Advertisement

I would be the same, but that day i was tired of being typical me(independent, stubborn e.t.c.) So it was different...

off topic; but i am sitting beside this beautiful bloke and his aftershave it HOT!!!.. i really want to say it to him.. and also tell him he's hot! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

My boyfriend isnt fierce romantic...
    he says some nice things alright..we werent going out long when i told him a story about my sisters, one was going out with a guy for 7 yrs and the other was going out with a guy for 3 yrs and they both finished it with their boyfriends, he asked me why after so long, i just said "they werent feeling it anymore"...so about a week later i get a txt from him saying "keep feeling it my flower"..
    i thought that was sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭milli

The most romantic thing any of my ex's ever did for me was to make me a handmade card.. It was cute :) Otherwise nothing else springs to mind.
    A friend of mine is going out with a lad for 7 years and this Christmas was the first time he ever said "I Love You". That's about as romantic as he gets. I'd go mad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Some of the ladies on her know the most romantic thing i have done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Some of the ladies on her know the most romantic thing i have done

Enlighten some of us that dont know..

• Advertisement

Its too :o to write in public

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Babette08

i think the most romantic things are the little gestures & not the big sweeping ones. An ex of mine, when i used to stay over at his for the weekend would leave little notes in my overnight bag / pockets etc...so as the day went on in work i'd find them awww. He was a sweetheart. We were on a different schedule so he'd iron my work clothes aswell when i was asleep so i didn't waste any of our time when i was there doing it - don't know why i ever let him go :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

romantic men scare the bejaysus outta me! its deffo a question of timing!

If a guy is very romantic early on i run a mile!

Perhaps im just too cynical and suspicious......

Babette08 wrote: »
    i think the most romantic things are the little gestures & not the big sweeping ones. An ex of mine, when i used to stay over at his for the weekend would leave little notes in my overnight bag / pockets etc...so as the day went on in work i'd find them awww. He was a sweetheart. We were on a different schedule so he'd iron my work clothes aswell when i was asleep so i didn't waste any of our time when i was there doing it - don't know why i ever let him go :confused:

Awww sounds good leaving you little notes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

It's the little things that get me, little notes, saving cinema stubs of our first date. All that kinda stuff. How he looks at me and gets this kinda look in his eyes that makes me know how much he loves me. One night (after one of my sleepy drunk episodes where he put me to bed!!) he was trying to wake me up when he got to bed to tell me how much he loved me but I was unconscious to the world. So he text me a really cute message I still have which I woke up to in the morning :D

Also listening to me about stuff! Something I mentioned in passing and he searched high and low to get it (a book that had gone out of print!) and I didn't even realise he's been listening to my rambling. He's a keeper!!

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    It's the little things that get me, little notes, saving cinema stubs of our first date. All that kinda stuff. How he looks at me and gets this kinda look in his eyes that makes me know how much he loves me. One night (after one of my sleepy drunk episodes where he put me to bed!!) he was trying to wake me up when he got to bed to tell me how much he loved me but I was unconscious to the world. So he text me a really cute message I still have which I woke up to in the morning :D

Also listening to me about stuff! Something I mentioned in passing and he searched high and low to get it (a book that had gone out of print!) and I didn't even realise he's been listening to my rambling. He's a keeper!!

Nice to see girls do like us romantic men :o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Its too :o to write in public

either tell the story or stop referring to it. there is :o about it, its really nice what you did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Nice to see girls do like us romantic men :o

Yeah I've never found anything my current OH to be corny even though he is admittedly really corny and cheesy sometimes but I love it because I love him and he wouldn't be the same persaon without the corniness! :D I did cringe at stuff a kind of ex (we never went out properly, in my eyes anyway!) did but that's cos he was very full on early on when I hardly knew him and there was something about him that made me cringe generally! suffice to say he didn't last long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Bitz n Pieces

My God you girls are so lucky...my boyfriend is useless, I am only with him about 7mths. I got nothing for my birthday until he handed me €100.00 two weeks later. The most romantic thing he has ever done for me is after a big row one day, I went home bawling, dying with a hangover, straight to bed, he called in later that day with a KFC!! I mean he must be a keeper, that is seriously the most romantic thing he has ever done!! And when I ask him to say something nice to me, he tells me I've a nice arse while slapping it. He is a great cuddler though, and I usually get a text goodnight and a text good morning every day.

maple wrote: »
    either tell the story or stop referring to it. there is :o about it, its really nice what you did.

Just seen this so here goes. :o

What i did was a couple of years ago coming up to Valentines day I sent my then gf a single rose each day for 12 days to represent a dozen roses.

On Valentines day I got into her work early and left a little teddy bear on her desk saying I love you (then her name).

We went for lunch at her fav restaurant, then because i cant cook i got help from her mum in the afternoon to cook her fav dinner which was nearly ready for her when she got back from work.

There was time for her to go and bathe in the candle lit bathroom with the bath filled with rose petals.

We then had the meal and just spent the night in watching her dvd's

• Advertisement

Just seen this so here goes. :o

What i did was a couple of years ago coming up to Valentines day I sent my then gf a single rose each day for 12 days to represent a dozen roses.

On Valentines day I got into her work early and left a little teddy bear on her desk saying I love you (then her name).

We went for lunch at her fav restaurant, then because i cant cook i got help from her mum in the afternoon to cook her fav dinner which was nearly ready for her when she got back from work.

There was time for her to go and bathe in the candle lit bathroom with the bath filled with rose petals.

We then had the meal and just spent the night in watching her dvd's

well done. :D

maple wrote: »
    well done. :D

I am just back from the pub so its dutch courage might not be there in the morning

I am just back from the pub so its dutch courage might not be there in the morning

leave it you mentaller.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Hey at the moment to me being romantic is noticing me:D.
    Ah seriously I'm not one for big huge gestures, maybe flowers once or so a year would be nice, but a kiss after coming home from work, or making me breakfast in bed, even just texting me when you're thinking about me, that little stuff is romantic..or maybe I'm just a push over when it comes to romance...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

GinnyJo wrote: »
    Hey at the moment to me being romantic is noticing me:D.
    Ah seriously I'm not one for big huge gestures, maybe flowers once or so a year would be nice, but a kiss after coming home from work, or making me breakfast in bed, even just texting me when you're thinking about me, that little stuff is romantic..or maybe I'm just a push over when it comes to romance...:D

Yeah I agree... just being noticed is special to me! People get busy and forget about the romance sometimes ( was just having a chat with one of the girls abou this actually).

To me, I really appreciate it when my bf makes the effort to see me and go on a date or if he sends me a text saying something nice or even if he says something nice when we're together!

I dunno, i like any gesture really whether it be big or small!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

well girls have ye all day. my boyfriend of a year and a half is not a man of many words i can tell ye but boy does he adore me. the night we got together we were both hammered and we stayed up all night talking till he had to go to work at 8 in the morning. and for our first anniversery he brought me back on our first date. for vday he dressed up in a suit (as men in suits make my knees literally go weak) he had a HUGE bunch of roses for me in his arms, and in his room he had all romantic songs playing with candles, and choclates all over his room and then he popped out the bottle of chamapagne and to top it off he had gotten me a red ipod as the iriver i had for the past 6 months was driving me nuts and had it charged and everthing.

but out of everything over the past 18months id have to say the sweetest thing that man has ever done for me is make me up the three take that cd's pulling each song individually and made a copy for me and my best friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Aww!! Dont you sometimes wish guys would talk about things like this the way girls do?? I'm sure there'd be alot less argements :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

ya everytime i want to talk to him about it he goes and does something really nice and puts me off confronting him. god damn him:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i like the small things. like being walked home every time we were out for entire duration of the 2 and a half year relationship (bar one or two storm outs on my part, lol)

also, i showed an ex of mine my teddy bear from when i was younger that was falling to pieces cause i had loved it so much. after we broke up he dropped back a box of my stuff and my newly repaired teddy was on top, lovely new material and all. he'd obviously taken it when i was in the bathroom as i had no idea, i was so suprised

i cried so much and felt awful about the break up :(

when i was studying for my college finals, i got my notebook out the night after my bf had been over to find cute messages and pictures drawn on it. he also always gave me beautiful hand drawn pictures in frames as birthday/christmas cards :)

probably some more little things but i cant think of them right now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭RAFC

Seraphina wrote: »
    i like the small things. like being walked home every time we were out for entire duration of the 2 and a half year relationship (bar one or two storm outs on my part, lol)

My hubby used to walk me home when we were going out with each other (still does :D) but complained EVERY step of the 2 mile way :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement