Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Graphics Card?

Options
  • 13-12-2007 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,
    Im trying to find an external graphics card for a laptop, nothing fancy, its just for an office laptop, But it needs to support dual monitors. I been trying to find one with no luck. Would anyone know of any?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Is it something like this you are after? I'm not sure if this has been released yet but it looks promising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That's for laptops and is a joke. It's not only going to be very expensive, it only currently works on an external monitor as far as I know, defeating the entire purpose of adding a video card to your laptop.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I forgot about the external monitor part. I think I remember reading that the express card slot doesn't have enough bandwidth to deal with the newer cards which sucks. It would be nice if they could rectify these problems. How cool would it be to have a really small and light laptop, then slap on your external graphics card and turn it into a gaming laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

The crack is that all people in my company have been upgrade to dual monitors, but one of the dudes has a laptop that he just sticks into a docking station when he comes in. The actual laptop screen is never used, he just uses a monitor connected to the dock. So im trying to figure out a way for him to also have a second monitor

Advertisement