Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Europe NT2008 Map Coverage

• 13-12-2007 6:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭

Garmin has proven to be as un-cooperative as Tomtom.

I was looking at the coverage of Central and Eastern Europe on the Garmin site. On V9, the Czech Republic has very limited coverage, considering that Tomtom Navteq and Teleatlas maps have 99%. I asked Garmin what the coverage is in the new version and they're just not coming up with a straight answer.

Could anyone with the new version please tell me which countries are covered in NT2008 and what percentage cover there is for each?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dpower22

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Thanks for trying but Garmin is only giving away details re the old version on that page. Although the new version has been released they can't be bothered with giving the details away on the website. I was hoping that some helpful individual here, with the new version loaded could help me, but it looks like I'll have to wait for Garmin to spill the beans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dpower22

Are you sure that its not the new version of the map. When you click the link at the top right of the page a new window appears and says "Garmin City Navigator 2008". If you zoom in on the map it definitely has roads that v9 doesn't have, the Fermoy bypass comes to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

It definitely is the new mapping.. Click on the map viewer on the right hand side.
    It has the M4 going to Kinnegad, which was missing in CN9.

Thanks!

I assumed that the main details referred to V9 on the map details page, as NT2008 cannot yet be downloaded.

I'm interested in the bit that mentions the coverage on say the Czech Republic. It lists a few towns/cities and mentions that it covers main roads. Garmin won't tell me what the coverage is in NT2008. The coverage per Navteq Mapsource seems more detailed. All that they were willing to tell me was that V9 is a year old and there's bound to be more coverage in NT2008. They still wouldn't tell me what the percentage coverage is in the new version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Thanks!

I'm interested in the bit that mentions the coverage on say the Czech Republic. It lists a few towns/cities and mentions that it covers main roads. ...

If you can let me know some places, towns, roads etc I'll have a look on my 250W which came with 2008 preloaded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Thanks!

I assumed that the main details referred to V9 on the map details page, as NT2008 cannot yet be downloaded.

I'm interested in the bit that mentions the coverage on say the Czech Republic. It lists a few towns/cities and mentions that it covers main roads. Garmin won't tell me what the coverage is in NT2008. The coverage per Navteq Mapsource seems more detailed. All that they were willing to tell me was that V9 is a year old and there's bound to be more coverage in NT2008. They still wouldn't tell me what the percentage coverage is in the new version.

Have you tried zooming in on the link above. I did and got what looked like pretty detailed coverage of Czech Republic.

Have you tried zooming in on the link above. I did and got what looked like pretty detailed coverage of Czech Republic.

Yes, that link seems to show more detail than I've actually seen on V9, but it doesn't seem to be as good as Teleatlas (I'm sorry to say). Teleatlas might have crap map data for Ireland, but they do seem to be better than Navteq for some other countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

It has the M4 going to Kinnegad, which was missing in CN9.

V9 does have the M4 to Kinnegad, what it doesn't have is the N6 dualler from Kinnegad to Killbeggan which does appear on NT2008.

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote: »
    V9 does have the M4 to Kinnegad, what it doesn't have is the N6 dualler from Kinnegad to Killbeggan which does appear on NT2008.
    You're right. 2008 also has Charlesland in Greystones, which was missing from v9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Is the Dublin outer ring road on the map updates? This joins the N4 to the N7.

Is the Dublin outer ring road on the map updates? This joins the N4 to the N7.
    Have a look and see: here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭fatboymsport

see the have still not got the bog road between edenderry and rathangan bit stupid this as the road is there years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

see the have still not got the bog road between edenderry and rathangan bit stupid this as the road is there years.

It probably doesn't comform to the definition of a road! If you put in roller-coasters on your points of interest it should show up then!!! :D

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭fatboymsport

yeah its not much of a road but it has been there for years and you think the would have it.

there is only 2 mile of it missing on the v9 map i have in my 250 cant understand why ????

Advertisement