Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Ugly Kid Joe

• 13-12-2007 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

Have been listening to them for the last few days after hearing the sheer brilliance of Whitfield Crane's voice on Kerrang a few months ago.

I have to way, I love them. I love the thrashy riffs, the fusion of Thrash, Funk and Grunge. I never hear them mentioned anywhere, they churned out 3 albums and were consistent from what I am hearing.

About as Under-rated as banana's in my opinion, ergo, quite a lot!

Comments

ill admit he has a good voice but i cant stand their music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

The band I had back in the early 90's covered "Neighbor" and "I Hate Everything About You". Fun stuff, definitely a product of the times.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

They are a good band, they had a brilliant cover of "Cats in the Cradle" and ther was a lot of hype around them covering that song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭toffo

Savage band
    Crane did the vocals for the Another Animal album, check it out if ye get a chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

jeez! Whitfield Crane , havent heard him in a while!

i remember being shocked when he replaced Keith Caputo for a while in Life of Agony. I really liked them (LOA) for a while. must dig it up again and see if it stood the test of time or embarrass me!
    I think the album was Soul Searching Sun

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

They suck and always have done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

My brother had "America's least wanted" when I was a kid, and I listened to it occasionally.

I downlo, er, purchased it again a while ago and loved it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

if their video for "everything about you" is anything to go by,
    im thinking twisted sister meets those young hanson boyos from a few years back!

Sofaspud wrote: »
    My brother had "America's least wanted" when I was a kid, and I listened to it occasionally.

I downlo, er, purchased it again a while ago and loved it!
    still sucks though.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

LittleNipper is right by saying they write good songs, are good at their instruments and just generally very good!

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Cordell Crocket is a fairly talented dude ....

TBH I loved 'So Damn Cool' off America's Least Wanted ....... what a riff !!!!!! :D

:::: ven0mous ::::

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

they do suck, 12 year old music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Jrad

Nah, Cordell writes some good riffs and their solos are surprisingly good. Sometimes the lyrics are a bit dumb thought like that song jesus rode a harley davidson and that song that ends in him saying never forget over and over again. Milkmans son is class all the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Jrad

Nah, Cordell writes some good riffs and their solos are surprisingly good. Sometimes the lyrics are a bit dumb thought like that song jesus rode a harley davidson and that song that ends in him saying never forget over and over again. Milkmans son is class all the same!

Advertisement