Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Breeze horrible speeds?

Options
  • 13-12-2007 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a 3mb Breeze connection in the Meath area.

I do the occasional speed test and the the speed was usually around 2 - 2.5mb down and about 1.8mb up. Ping was around 150.

These were acceptable but in the last week or two the speed is now usually <1mb down and <0.5 up with pings over 200.

It is atroucious, especially seeing as I am paying for 3mb up and down. Trying to play games online has become a nightmare. :(

Would anybody have any idea what may be causing this? Is it something on my end or theirs? Im using a Linksys WRT54GR if that helps.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Try removing the Linksys first to eliminate that from the list of possible problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Thanks for the reply, I have already tried that though and it makes no difference.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daffy_duc

Have you tried calling their support?
    There's a good chance they'll be able to poke around on your radio and spot some problems. They might even be able to fix it over the phone with you.

Advertisement