Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Just a story to keep ye smiling

Options
  • 13-12-2007 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine has a 05 Toyota Avensis, and woke up the other morning to a shock. (This car is located in a "respectable area of Limerick")

He had parked his car in his driveway, with his wifes car parked behind(blockin it in). His wife woke him up saying "Did u do something to ur wheels last?" "No?"He replied and went down to take a look.

His four wheels were robbed:eek:. On the left handside of the car a trolley jack was holdin it up and on the right, they robbed two stones from his garden and put them under the disks.

Absolute madness, and considering three of his close by neighbours also own an Avensis, i'd say they are a bit worried... Car is still there awaiting new wheels...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

The moral of the story is make sure alloy wheels have locking wheel nuts fitted as well. But it doesn't for one second excuse this kind of behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

Limerick scum
    my brother heard a similar tale from a lad at work, also from limerick.

them tossers should be lined up against a wall and have a firing squad summoned for training.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Also the brother car (in our driveway) was broken into, and EVERYTHING, and i mean everything they could was robbed... Again, this morning, the same thing happened 3 doors down... And where i live isn't in a rough area, houses and in huge demand for the area, quiet place my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

That's the third Avensis I've heard of that had their wheels stolen, why the Avensis in particular???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Do they not have locking nuts as standard? I know someone in work who had his Avensus' wheels nicked too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Madness, i didn't realise it was so common..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Toyota don't fit Locking Wheel nuts as standard on any car with alloys. Is saving €50 that important, Toyota?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

I also had a set of wheels robbed off my pulsar, and it was in an underground carpark in the apartments i live in, made me sick to come down to the car sitting on blocks. seems strange so many avensis's having wheels robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭sc4rf4ce

you guys were lucky. my car was left in a field with no wheels after they took the alloys.
    i came back an hour later to put some wheels on and drive it out of the field, the damn thing was burnt out.
    Those c*nts that do that type of thing should be shot.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

fletch wrote: »
    That's the third Avensis I've heard of that had their wheels stolen, why the Avensis in particular???

Maybe the taxi drivers in Limerick are starting to pimp their taxis and there is a
    big demand developing in black market Avensis alloys?? :D

• Advertisement

Oh and this story doesn't make me smile, it makes me feel homicidal

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

sc4rf4ce wrote: »
    you guys were lucky. my car was left in a field with no wheels after they took the alloys.
    i came back an hour later to put some wheels on and drive it out of the field, the damn thing was burnt out.
    Those c*nts that do that type of thing should be shot.

That's the worst so far. How can people be such w@nkers. Shooting would be too good for them, but at least it'd be a start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭smooth operater

A friend of mine has a 05 Toyota Avensis, and woke up the other morning to a shock. (This car is located in a "respectable area of Limerick")

He had parked his car in his driveway, with his wifes car parked behind(blockin it in). His wife woke him up saying "Did u do something to ur wheels last?" "No?"He replied and went down to take a look.

His four wheels were robbed:eek:. On the left handside of the car a trolley jack was holdin it up and on the right, they robbed two stones from his garden and put them under the disks.

Absolute madness, and considering three of his close by neighbours also own an Avensis, i'd say they are a bit worried... Car is still there awaiting new wheels...

his neighbor will be cruising round on new alloys in the next day or two so hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭High&Low

Does the car alarm not go off when the car is jacked up?

If they are gentle with the car then no, unless of course it has a tilt sensor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

My wifes car was stolen and then recovered a while back, the guy in the garage said that the Avensis alloy wheels were the most expensive 'standard' wheel at approx 3500 euro per set.
    Probably sold for a fraction of the cost for drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Genuine 16" Avensis alloys can be had for €156 plus VAT from Toyota dealers.

How is this story supposed to keep anyone but a Toyota dealer smiling???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 lissy

:mad:
    Two of my alloys were stolen lastnight from my mini, must have got disturbed, god knows what use two are. Smashed my back window too to get the tool to remove the wheel nuts. Wheels were nothing special and all minis come with alloys so was really suprised I was targeted.
    Can't get new wheels til monday at the earliest so they'll probably be back to get the other too tonight. Again its an underground car park. B*stards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Nimblepixie

legs11 wrote: »
    Limerick scum
    my brother heard a similar tale from a lad at work, also from limerick.

them tossers should be lined up against a wall and have a firing squad summoned for training.

If you have a problem with Limerick just say it rather than making up bull**** about "a lad at work".

Chicken****.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That's a bit harsh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Nimblepixie

No it's not! He's a racist! If he had said that about black people, or Jews he'd have been crucified. It seems attacking Limerick people is acceptable fair game and it's very ****ing annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I'm not smiling

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement