Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provider with no 12 month agreement?

Options
  • 13-12-2007 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi there

My friend and I are moving into a house for college in the New Year, but it does not have broadband. Is it possible to get broadband without signing a 12 month contract? Even a provider that offers six month contracts would be great!

Thanks for the help...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I think Irish Broadband offer 6 month contracts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭6digitnumber

Yea, i think IBB offer 6 month contracts for Ripwave, but the breeze product is 12 months as far as i know. I've never seen any other contract less that 12 months. Are you looking for a shorter contract because you will be moving out before 12 months? Most providers will set you up again at a new address if you move.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Eircom, 6 month.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'm amazed nobody has realised you've typed 12 year instead of 12 months, I'llm edit it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

IBB do 6 months on their DSL aswell as their Ripwave.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭6digitnumber

Is IBB DSL any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

UTV don't have a fixed term, but the cancellation fee goes from sixty to thrity after six months iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Is IBB DSL any good?
    I hope so. Getting mine activated next week.

I've not heard any bad reports that I haven't heard about anyone else.

Ask me in Early Jan and I'll let you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

if your moving into a house for college your gonna want to go wireless..

its 6 months with clearwire or digiweb, i cant remember which

Advertisement