Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big ass fan

Options
  • 13-12-2007 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking about inserting a big ass fan into the side of my case, where could I pick a big one up, like 250 mm or 300 mm or even bigger hmm just how big do pc fans go

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭toco123

I'm pretty sure that one big fan on the side of your case would mess up your entire air flow possibly making things worse?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Should be fine if done properly - thermaltake armor etc have 25mm side fans. Research airflow first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

I read that from an RSS feed and that title was sure misleading., :D

Anyways, I have the ThermalTake Armour with the 25CM fan, its the only time I have seen such a big fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Ginger wrote: »
    I read that from an RSS feed and that title was sure misleading., :D

Anyways, I have the ThermalTake Armour with the 25CM fan, its the only time I have seen such a big fan

looking on komplett you can get the Armour with or without fan - it's 37 euro extra for the fan, thats pretty expensive for a fan lol, how loud is it and how do you find the armour - would you recommend it ?, i've recently upgraded cpu + gfx + ram + harddrive and I'm kinda looking for something to finish it off, I've currently got a NorthQ 2500 Acrylic Case but it was missing parts when it got shipped to me so it's not complete - it is pretty cool though , maybe ill look for something else to spend my money on

oh yea, just noticed the thread title can be taken two ways lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

the armour is a massive and heavy.

But its roomy. The case is noisy enough i find, its quieter than a Xaser III.

I have an SLI system with 7 HDDs, so its noisy, but the case keeps it cool

One main thing you can have 9HDDs or more if you wish, just use the iCage enclosure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

you can get them here but they're american so shipping could be pricey :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

good stuff thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

no probs just if you want to avoid what everyone elses been talking about just make it an exhaust fan. good luck:)

Advertisement