Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weird magnet issue with 1800 number

Options
  • 13-12-2007 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

We have magnet entertainment package (broadband/telephone). Two weeks ago i couldn't call the Argos free phone number 1800 535091 anymore but heard a message "We cannot complete your call because we cannot reach your correspondent. Please try again later."

This message was repeated three times, then the call was canceled.

I asked my neighbor if he can call the number, he could (he's with Eircom).

I reported this to the magnet support. They said it's an Argos problem but I insisted that it is not and asked the agent to dial that number to check if he can call through. He did and was very puzzled because he could call the number without problems. He diverted me to the 2nd level support who verified the problem.

The 2nd level support guy promised to sort this out within one day. I have experience enough not to believe any promises given by 1st and 2nd level support, and of course the issue is not sorted, even after three more calls from me.

So, i still can call any 1800 number except the Argos number...

Has anyone else experienced this or a similar problem?

Advertisement