Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live 95 fm

Options
  • 13-12-2007 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Anybody else think the DJ's are woeful?
    That fella, I wont say his name in case the Mods might not appreciate it, lets just say his surname sounds like Copius, is AWFUL!
    And Agri-view..............!!!!!!:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

It's not so much the DJ's they're harmless enough it's the bloody playlists they play the SAME SH!TE DAY IN DAY OUT!!!!!! I was working in an office where all the "country folk" wanted it on all day - I eventually asked to be moved to somewhere where there wasn't a radio I was fit to jump off the roof.
    The worst is when they try to mix their own jingles into songs it's so twee.
    Most interesting thing on the station is the deaths notices!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

that dj surname should be hopeless, most of the time that station makes me cringe with embarresment

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Agri View is a waste of time, IMO. They play it at 11 at night, too.

Stopped listening to the station years ago. Behind the times.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

If you listen to the station often you will noticed that they seem to re-play the exact same play lists now and then - especially at night.

And those cash prize comp's - they reuse the same ones over and over....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Theres a station up in Dublin called "Phantom Fm" plays really great music and the dj's are pretty cool and interesting, a station like that is well needed in Limerick, im not looking forward to going home to listen to the likes of 95Fm and Spin.... *shudders *

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

and late night love songs with requests from the likes of jacinta "down d'island" and marietta in o malley park :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Live 95fm is the worst station I know of....just playlists of what was popular back in the 80's...ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Shan75

The two clowns that are on in the morning at 7 o'clock are the most annoying people I've ever heard with their fake cheer and silly conversations about soaps etc.I used to have to listen to them on the bus on my way to work.Thankfully I no longer have to get the bus and haven't heard these two for months.When I was working evenings the radio would be on and listening to that guy that reads out those ridiculous letters would make you want to kill yourself.He has such a painful voice and the "music" he plays is a disgrace.I am so glad I have moved jobs and do not have to encounter these irritations any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There was a great pirate station around a few years ago called Magic (I think).. they played fantastic music, but were shut down (I remember hearing their last show)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Those late night love letters had me in stitches. Obviously not intentional but funny none the less. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Shan75 wrote: »
    The two clowns that are on in the morning at 7 o'clock are the most annoying people I've ever heard with their fake cheer and silly conversations about soaps etc.I used to have to listen to them on the bus on my way to work.Thankfully I no longer have to get the bus and haven't heard these two for months.When I was working evenings the radio would be on and listening to that guy that reads out those ridiculous letters would make you want to kill yourself.He has such a painful voice and the "music" he plays is a disgrace.I am so glad I have moved jobs and do not have to encounter these irritations any more.

Dont get me started. Mark and Catriona.
    Worst morning show on earth and thats saying something considering
    the crap thats on 2fm before 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

I hate Live 95 fm so much I even reset the pre-tuned stations in my car to tune em out.
    Only listen to it if I want the news or traffic report. Mark on the Breakfast show has some fcked up accent. the young wan who does the news with the monotone delivery

Is there any way of finding out how many times the Cranberries songs are played daily?

Live 95 fm playlist:
    Cranberries - Dreams
    Cranberries - Linger
    Cranberries - Zombie
    D:Ream - Things Can Only Get Better
    feel free to add....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Mark and Catriona on the breakfast show.....................................................

shudders...

They play alright music except for when they have someone singing in between the song ''Limerick live95fm''

Today FM ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Mr E wrote: »
    There was a great pirate station around a few years ago called Magic (I think).. they played fantastic music, but were shut down (I remember hearing their last show)

ya,legends!!I remember going to their fund raising gig in Dolans a few years back....rumour was they spent it all on a piss up!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭girlwitcurls

i used to mind an old woman and my job was to get her up washed and dressed. however i could not even attempt this until she had heard all the news all the deaths and this crimewatch thing. weird thing was i actually got used to listening for the deaths and felt weird if i missed it!!thankfully i have now moved jobs and can listen to ray darcy!!!p.s i actually think limerick 95 is better than kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

It is sooooooo bad. I never have to listen to it and thankfully can leave on Today FM in work. Only time I tune it in is for the local football results on a Sunday evening for 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I reckon Live95FM get their play lists from the free cds handed out with the Sunday tabloids. Utter rubish..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Shan75

Len Dineen---His voice would make you want to rip your ears off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

The college radio wired fm on 99.9 is actually pretty good!! granted there is some tripe i.e. people like dj bounce and his tiesto ****e, but you can be guareteed that you will hear stuff on wired that you just dont hear on the radio!!

it's off air now for christmas but comes back jan7th

theres a great show on mondays at four!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭grasscutter

rok wrote: »
    I hate Live 95 fm so much I even reset the pre-tuned stations in my car to tune em out.
    Only listen to it if I want the news or traffic report. Mark on the Breakfast show has some fcked up accent. the young wan who does the news with the monotone delivery

Is there any way of finding out how many times the Cranberries songs are played daily?

Live 95 fm playlist:
    Cranberries - Dreams
    Cranberries - Linger
    Cranberries - Zombie
    feel free to add....

Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Placid Casual

if i ever meet that mark bloke from the morning..........:mad:
    his voice goes thru me
    and these "impersonations" they do! Sweet God
    the fella who does the love letters just makes me laff really.
    The fact he is not meant to makes it even better.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 davemc06

What a hopeless radio station!
    Can't say much for the presenters either. They should just try and change the station as much as possible, new presenters, new shows!
    Today FM is a thousand times better than it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl

Aslan - Crazy World
    Texas - Black Eyed Boy
    Anything by Travis or Paddy Casey
    Van Morrison - Bright Side Of The Road
    (the royalties these bands must be getting with playlists being repeated ad-nauseum,I remember being on a night shift and they played Blink 182 at around 2 in the morning....a glitch in the matrix of there ever was one!

The love letters are amusing,but they are the best of a VERY bad lot.
    I mean who wants to hear some kid go "Mark and Catriona on the breakfast shoooooooooooooooooooooowwww" first thing on a Monday morning?
    J.P. ending every sentence with "alright?" and Declan going on about taking a hot cup of Bovril to Thomond Park or something. I always laugh when one of the lads in work says "One of these days i'm gonna break in there and rob that CD they have!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Has anyone heard the beastly girl that "reads" the deaths? My God where did they find her, she can barely complete a sentence, she is lucky the people are dead or she would have a lot of pissed off pensioners on her hands. I hate the way they play Crazy In Love and add in some piece of shi* 95fm jingle into the songs so that it sounds like Beyonce singing how much she loves 95fm. They deserve to lose their license.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

RonMexico wrote: »
    Has anyone heard the beastly girl that "reads" the deaths? My God where did they find her, she can barely complete a sentence, she is lucky the people are dead or she would have a lot of pissed off pensioners on her hands. I hate the way they play Crazy In Love and add in some piece of shi* 95fm jingle into the songs so that it sounds like Beyonce singing how much she loves 95fm. They deserve to lose their license.

I wonder who it is actually adding those ****e little bits in, any ideas?

Someone from off the street??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

maybe its that bird from sixx Emma whatshername. Didn't she have a pop show (shudder) on the station a while back? Seems like the haven't done it with all of the 2 new songs they have played in the past year lol

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

davemc06 wrote: »
    What a hopeless radio station!
    Can't say much for the presenters either. They should just try and change the station as much as possible, new presenters, new shows!
    Today FM is a thousand times better than it! :)

And just to think the Broadcasting Commission of Ireland renewed this odious station's licence in January of this year for a further 5 years, amid competition from serious broadcasters. A joke! thats what it is, there is some nasaly challenged guy on the drivetime show who is awful, every time I hear him, and his faked bonhomie, I nearly get sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I can't listen to it anymore....even RLO would be more entertaining at this stage...anyone remember KISS?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

rok wrote: »

Live 95 fm playlist:
    Cranberries - Dreams
    Cranberries - Linger
    Cranberries - Zombie
    feel free to add....

You forgot to add
    -"Rock DJ" by Robbie Williams
    -"Can't get you out of my head by Kylie Minogue" (I really CAN'T get the awful song out of my head when I listen to it)
    -Anything by M-People
    -"You get what you give" by one-hit wonders The New Radicals

They just play a pile of mainstream generic rubbish really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 fawltytowers

yeah i think live 95fm is so crap. having moved home from dublin, i'm seriously unable to get used to the rubbish that they have on. another one for that playlist is definitely "one more time" (sorry dunno the singer).

i can't stand your one that goes to do the cash on the streets thing "sorry can i talk to you for a second..." - how embarrassing.

i actually don't mind the deaths, i'm made listen to them by my dad if he's in the car! it's sometimes better than listening to the same playlist over and over again anyway.

and yeah, the rugby commentator is sooo bad when munster are playing. you'd fall asleep..

Advertisement