Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live 95 fm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

yeah i think live 95fm is so crap. having moved home from dublin, i'm seriously unable to get used to the rubbish that they have on. another one for that playlist is definitely "one more time" (sorry dunno the singer).

i can't stand your one that goes to do the cash on the streets thing "sorry can i talk to you for a second..." - how embarrassing.

i actually don't mind the deaths, i'm made listen to them by my dad if he's in the car! it's sometimes better than listening to the same playlist over and over again anyway.

and yeah, the rugby commentator is sooo bad when munster are playing. you'd fall asleep..

My Mother loves listening to the death notices. I keep slagging her, calling her morbid:D.

That "One more Time" song is by Daft Punk, if I remember correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

There is one presenter who sounds a lot like Big Gay Al from South Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

You forgot to add
    -"Rock DJ" by Robbie Williams
    -"Can't get you out of my head by Kylie Minogue" (I really CAN'T get the awful song out of my head when I listen to it)
    -Anything by M-People
    -"You get what you give" by one-hit wonders The New Radicals

They just play a pile of mainstream generic rubbish really.

ha, excellent, how could I forget those

Did anyone else meet promotions team from Newstalk106 in Statoil garages yesterday. They were in the forecourt of Statoil on ennis Road giving out freebies

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

ninty9er wrote: »
    I can't listen to it anymore....even RLO would be more entertaining at this stage...anyone remember KISS?

Kiss was gas at times! There was a young fella doing a dance show,gave his mobile out on air,plays a song and then goes "If the mother answers it,tell her to bring it upstairs" :D

Anything would be better than Dive 95 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭denismac

Shan75 wrote: »
    Len Dineen---His voice would make you want to rip your ears off!

Ha Ha, Love it. Well said.

• Advertisement

RonMexico wrote: »
    Has anyone heard the beastly girl that "reads" the deaths? My God where did they find her, she can barely complete a sentence, she is lucky the people are dead or she would have a lot of pissed off pensioners on her hands. I hate the way they play Crazy In Love and add in some piece of shi* 95fm jingle into the songs so that it sounds like Beyonce singing how much she loves 95fm. They deserve to lose their license.

Yes, she reads the death notices using a very false D4 style accent. For example "Prew pewsing at Crosses funeral hewme tewsdey evening, requiem Mawss in St Jew-zevs cheurch Wednesday mourning"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

brousuka wrote: »
    And just to think the Broadcasting Commission of Ireland renewed this odious station's licence in January of this year for a further 5 years, amid competition from serious broadcasters. A joke! thats what it is, there is some nasaly challenged guy on the drivetime show who is awful, every time I hear him, and his faked bonhomie, I nearly get sick.

the BCI havent got a clue, their costantly trying to close WIRED FM

speaking of wired, it makes a great alternative to 95, off now for the christmas, back jan. 7th on 99.9fm!!! go on, give it a go!

by the way, was there a station called rock sound or something out a while back? i bought an old heathen vinyl the other day and it had a rock sound limerick sticker on it. i think it was rock sound, i'll have to check!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Not gonna tar an entire station with an opinion of one show (if I did, even Today FM would be in trouble on occasion) but I came across Wired FM the other night in town and the 2 guys on it were dire!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

RINO87 wrote: »
    the BCI havent got a clue, their costantly trying to close WIRED FM

speaking of wired, it makes a great alternative to 95, off now for the christmas, back jan. 7th on 99.9fm!!! go on, give it a go!
    Was wondering why I wasn't getting it on 96 anymore!! Does 99.9 not get you Lyric though??

rok wrote: »
    ha, excellent, how could I forget those

Did anyone else meet promotions team from Newstalk106 in Statoil garages yesterday. They were in the forecourt of Statoil on ennis Road giving out freebies

Almost forgot, the Lighthouse Family gets quite a bit of airtime on it. I'd say they're making an absolute FORTUNE in royalties from having their song being played to death on every crap radio station in the country.

I also hate those self promotional snippets where you hear people on the street talking about how much they love Live 95FM (i.e. " Dare's a gray-ash moosik seleckshin, sham!" "I awll-wayaz lissen too ish chrew-oush de dayah!" LIMERICKS LIVE 95 FM)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mac 3

More Cheese than Michelstown. Cringe cringe cringe. the whole thing, presenters, music, those jingles they put into the songs. The whole thing is a disaster. Its not on my presets in the car any more and I dont miss it.

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Not gonna tar an entire station with an opinion of one show (if I did, even Today FM would be in trouble on occasion) but I came across Wired FM the other night in town and the 2 guys on it were dire!

i'll agree with you , some of the presenters are absolutely awful, i mean there are no repremands if you do a crap show, but there is some really good stuff on it, and the good thing is if a show isnt to your liking, its only 30 minutes long, then you will have something completely different!

99.9 will get you wired fairly well through most of the city, lyric interferes in places alright, again its off for the christmas! just in case you were tuning in and heard some lovely static!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Liam Byrne wrote: »

I really hope you're not referring to my show on Wired! (Wednesdays at 6:30, pluggety-plug) Admittedly, our first live show was pretty bad, my co-presenter ate noodles on-air...

As for Live 95, it's been banned from the family car in the mornings. The Breakfast Show goes beyond all reasonable boundaries of taste. Late Night Love used to be pretty funny, when I was 13 I knew a few guys who sent in fake love requests for our teachers. :D The presenter tries to be enthusiastic, but it's still bottom of the barrel radio. I'm at the stage where I only listen to CDs now, can't stand radio anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Pixyboo

Anybody else think the DJ's are woeful?
    That fella, I wont say his name in case the Mods might not appreciate it, lets just say his surname sounds like Copius, is AWFUL!
    And Agri-view..............!!!!!!:mad:

He brutal! flippin moron!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Pixyboo

ninty9er wrote: »
    I can't listen to it anymore....even RLO would be more entertaining at this stage...anyone remember KISS?

oh god, KISS ya, who was ur man in it going out wioth that mad decorator???

even if you dont listen to the breakfast show you get punished with their horrible horrible ad's throughout the day. where did they get their accents???

i appreciate that live 95 does sponsor some local events, but as a radio staion, it = pure pig slurry

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Txatxu Urki

Live 95 is what happens when the BCI dont do their homework.. serious competition is needed in the local airwaves. They have just been given a license extension for five more years so dont expect anything radical or refreshing on this radio station. I managed to buy an internet radio and found myself listening to Isle of Man radio 5..by the way there may be roadworks between Peel and douglas next thursday morning which could cause delays!!
    Bring back RLO!!!!!!

Live 95 is what happens when the BCI dont do their homework.. serious competition is needed in the local airwaves. They have just been given a license extension for five more years so dont expect anything radical or refreshing on this radio station. I managed to buy an internet radio and found myself listening to Isle of Man radio 5..by the way there may be roadworks between Peel and douglas next thursday morning which could cause delays!!
    Bring back RLO!!!!!!

RLO was tripe for the living dead. Run by a gob****e.

I can't stand that morning show either.Any show that uses a high pitched voice every few minutes and has kids screaming into the phone for 30 seconds really shouldn't be a morning show.Going through all the stations in the morning there is rarely anything good on.Wired is the only station with a bit of variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Mark and Katrina on the breakfast shooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

I liked wired when I lived in Limerick.

I remember there was one show, I think it was on a friday or a saturday where this ADHD infected young wan who just screamed down the microphone. Ahhhhhh and we just had this and now we have that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

I liked wired when I lived in Limerick.

I remember there was one show, I think it was on a friday or a saturday where this ADHD infected young wan who just screamed down the microphone. Ahhhhhh and we just had this and now we have that.
    or so it seemed

I was listening to wired one night and the dj knocked a load of **** in the studio and made an awful racket and then muttered - "Ah there's nobody listening anyway!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 CarewParkAFC

Who is the guy on L95FM that sounds like his face got smashed in with a hammer. He's usually on Sunday nights about 6 or 7

Is that the fella that sounds like Big Gay Al from South Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i used to be on wired, was great fun. todayfm keeps my ears occupied these days.

A mate used to work for live 95fm. that playlist is forced on them and they have no say, he eventually got sick of it and had to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I used to listen to it when it was still "New" 95 FM, and I was 13 :) , then I found out 2FM and Today FM were infinitely better in every way. I still have to put up with that sh*t in Dell every weekend though - thank God I have my headphones otherwise I would have gone completely insane.

They really went overboard with that cocking Journey song recently. Seemed like it was on every goddamn hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

oh this thread is sooo getting emailed to my sister Anne Marie!!

She produces the current affairs show after 10am and presents a show late on fridays!!!!!

Bwahahahahahahahahahaaa!!

RonMexico wrote: »
    I was listening to wired one night and the dj knocked a load of **** in the studio and made an awful racket and then muttered - "Ah there's nobody listening anyway!" :D

you see thats the kind of thing that makes wired fun. you could hear anything!!

i've a show on mondays shortly after the news at 4. I'd like to hear peoples opinions. we are supposed to have sligo guitar duo tucan in for an interview, theyre playing bakers monday nite. Plus we're giving away prizes sponsored by JD sound and light in the milkmarket

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Oh christ I cant believe we even have to waste a thread on saying why L95fm is just absolutely awful ****e altogether. (Though in fairness it is great fun to read.) The only benefit I can see is that if this thread gets the amount of negative posting that retarded station deserves, eventually, in 2 years time, one of the shower of shoite DJ's will pick up on it and start calling people out over the air.
    I mean its common local knowledge that 95fm is a load of old bollix. Mucksavage fm I call it. Well thats what I call it since RLO went off the air. The only reason I ever listened to RLO was for the prank calls. Once they were gone, there was nothing else to recommend it. Oh jesus. I dont know if anyone else ever notices this, but at one stage, RLO streamed a tv station, RLO TV? Anyone?. Only the dead or near dead listen to it. What one poster said is true, when they work a vocal overdub into the tracks to advertise L95fm, it just makes me cringe. The feckin presenters cant even spake proper hah? My christ I ****ing hate that bastard station.

Advertisement