Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live 95 fm

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I have to say that the last thing that live 95fm needs is an undeserved pat on the back. There is leeway even in radio to have a good quality program, a little wit and insight from time to time. When I hear 95fm I often think of the transition year hour that used be on 2fm, a semi-tragicomic shambles of poorly constructed near nonsense. Its shoeshop radio. Mucksavage fm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I know I'm draggin up an old thread but some of the comments early on about Live95fm just hit the nail on the head, hilarious stuff....you can add "Mambo No.5" by Lou Bega or whatever his name is to the playlist of drivel......bring back RLO....west limerick 102 wipes the floor with Live95 too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I believe the saturday night party sings are being played in the same order this week as they were last week. If they aare not then they are the exact same songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Live 95fm is pathetic

omg "Late Night Love" is still on the air on that station.....sweet jesus:eek: mucksavage radio indeed:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Dumdum McCarthy

"Take a parashoot and jump"?? when i hear that song on live 95fm i feel like jumping without the parashoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

are you the live 95 banker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

bring back RLO

If you're talking about the original legal one, then you could well have a point, but the pirate version immediately prior to its complete demise ???? You're joking, right ?
    west limerick 102 wipes the floor with Live95 too
    Horses for courses, I guess......depends on what you're into.

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    If you're talking about the original legal one, then you could well have a point, but the pirate version immediately prior to its complete demise ???? You're joking, right ?

No I'm not joking! There useda be a late nite chat show where undesirable characters would ring in and hurl abuse at the DJ, it was hilarious and if anything the dj was all for it, he had a "bring em on" attitude....made for good entertainment anyway :D

Also it was a great station for the over 50 age group (I stress I'm nowhere near that age group!) I know a lot of old people who used to listen and it was a great lifeline for them, now all they have is a "local" station that plays pop music around adverts.....although I'm not sure what their legal situation was, or indeed what were the circumstances surrounding them gettin closed down, but they DID provide a great service for a particular target audience....ok I'm probably a bit biased cos a friend of mine used to work with them but there you go...

No I'm not joking! There useda be a late nite chat show where undesirable characters would ring in and hurl abuse at the DJ, it was hilarious and if anything the dj was all for it, he had a "bring em on" attitude....made for good entertainment anyway :D

Different tastes for different people, I guess......won't criticise, because some people like Big Brother and Fair City as well.
    Also it was a great station for the over 50 age group (I stress I'm nowhere near that age group!) I know a lot of old people who used to listen and it was a great lifeline for them

I'll agree with you on that key point, but I've got to say that while a station "along the lines of" RLO is definitely required to cater for the over 50s or whatever (e.g. Mid-West Radio in Mayo and Live 95 could both co-exist in the same county without impacting on with each other), they were pretty hard-done-by with RLO being the only option for them.

Yes, there's an argument that RLO was better than nothing (although there are even some people who would debate that, especially in the dying days of RLO) but that late-night ego-fest was chronic!

Like I said, though, there are people who will tune in to Big Brother next month, while I'll be practically deleting the channel off my EPG and switching off each time a station discusses it or pretends that it's news, so there's no accounting for taste......
    ok I'm probably a bit biased cos a friend of mine used to work with them but there you go...

Any chance you're hanging 'round with friends with the same name ?? :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

now all they have is a "local" station that plays pop music around adverts.....

Fair point about their weekday schedule, could do with a bit more variety in my opinion, though of course you're overlooking the Limerick Today talk programme on in the mornings along with the local news and sports bulletins throughout the day. On the weekends of course you've got the 'In the County' discussion programme, a sports programme, easy listening with Len Dineen, an arts and classical programme, Green and Live and a country programme.

I'd tend to agree that if you're into any of those specialsed programmes then you'e badly served, but I'd guess that that's partly the fault of the BCI ?

I mean, Live 95 are doing what they can get away with, as are most city stations, and the 2 options are:

1) The BCI to licence another station to cater for those who don't like what's on Live 95.

OR

2) The BCI to say "since there's no over-40s station in the area, you need to do this as well".

Beyond that, is it really the fault of Live 95 if they do what's within the rules and get away without doing more ?

And as I've said elsewhere, while I don't think Live 95 is quite the "local" station originally envisaged when the original licences were given out in 1988, Limerick Today and the sports coverage are top-class, and seem to offer far more than the other UTV & city stations (e.g. the Dublin ones in particular) do....

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Different tastes for different people, I guess......won't criticise, because some people like Big Brother and Fair City as well.

Any chance you're hanging 'round with friends with the same name ?? :D;)

aha, eh no, I know who you mean, yeah thats probably why i chose my name, thats the name that some drunk guy put on him one night in a random phonecall, was quiet funny.....no my friend was a newsreader there......

Dont get me started on big brother, what was it Billy Connolly said about it......people sitting in their homes, watchin people on tv sitting in their homes! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

live 95fm suckz..

Advertisement