Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you buy a new CZ .223 factory threaded

• 13-12-2007 9:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,064 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to know if you can buy a new CZ .223 factory threaded for a moderator or do you have to get it done afterwards?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Nearly sure it's an aftermarket job with CZ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

a friend of mine got a brand new CZ 17HMR and its factory threaded so i cant see why you cant get it in the 223.
    comes with a nice screw on tip if you dont wanna use a mod, when its on it looks like its not threaded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

Moving slightly off topic; I am looking into a T* moderator for my.243. The rifle came factory thread, but I was talking it over with the local gun dealer and he tell me it will still need some modification done to accept a moderator.

My understanding was that once it was factory threaded the rifle would accept a moderator straight away ( as long as the threads matched).

Any advise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭.243

as far as im aware the cz's in the centrefire range dont come pre-threaded,
    but some well placed euro's into a good riflesmiths hand would change that in a cpl of days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭.243

kerryman12 wrote: »
    Moving slightly off topic; I am looking into a T* moderator for my.243. The rifle came factory thread, but I was talking it over with the local gun dealer and he tell me it will still need some modification done to accept a moderator.

My understanding was that once it was factory threaded the rifle would accept a moderator straight away ( as long as the threads matched).

Any advise?
    your local gundealer is very correct the reflex t4 or 8 needs the rear nylon bush drilled out to anchor the rear of the mod right at the point when screwing it on it clamps onto the barrell at the back to give a tight true line fit,
    personally i wouldnt trust a barrel that has been pre threaded,yes the threads might be the same but any riflesmith who threads a barrel matches it to the moderator that is been fitted for that true path line the bullet is travelling,
    any in difference (and it could be as small as 10/10000 of in inch) results in anything from an oval shaped end on your moderator to blowing it clean off !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 culcuie

kerryman12 wrote: »

Any advise?
    t8 moderators go back over the barrel and have a bushing machined to .002inch tolerance on the back of unit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭marlyman

put ans ase utra on. thread once and no messing around with bushes etc. i can also confirm they are quieter than a t4 or t8. imo thy are ugle on a weapon anyways

marlyman there's a few to many abreviations there for me1!!

ans ase utra - please elaborate?

which are ugly moderators in general or t4/t8?

I am being practical here shooting at nigh so i would like to minimise the distrubance caused!>?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Totally agree with Marlyman, i took his advice and got an ASE mod.
    Excellent mod very quite and better grouping with it aswell.
    Its an ASE UTRA JET Z COMPACT. €380
    Thanks Marlyman.

thanks boc I will check it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭marlyman

sorry kerryman, i was really distracted writing that post. heres the link http://aseutra.fi/english/index.html . duffys in galway stock them. for a picture of one on a t3 do a search for my name. youll find the pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 earthmover

hi all,i bought a CZ.223 LUX about a couple of months ago and the dealer that ordered it told me it was threaded for a supressor but when the licence came and i collected the rifle it was not threaded so i told the dealer it was of no use to me unless it was,so he went and got it done,i think he paid about 50 euro for it,now i have a T8 supressor on it and its the bees knees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Clive only the cz 452/3 rimfires come factory threaded, the 527 and 550 centerfires don't , did you get that varmint yet??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,064 ✭✭✭clivej

Clive only the cz 452/3 rimfires come factory threaded, the 527 and 550 centerfires don't , did you get that varmint yet??

Its a pain in the hole waiting for the license to come through, nearly 3 months now. It took 5 weeks for the Garda in Urlingford to check that the gun details were correct.
    I was talking to the FO last Sunday and was told that the application is still up in the Super's office, don't know if its in the In Tray , the Out Tray or the bin.
    And today still no word ( the FO works on Sunday mornings) :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Keep the chin up man it'll be worth it in the end.

Advertisement