Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to get something Framed

Options
  • 13-12-2007 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Hello, first time on this forum,

I have a bit of a situation I need some help in...
    I recently lost my mother through a long time illness. For her funeral I read a poem I wrote about her. My father who very much loved my mother loved it so as it is our first Xmas without Her I was going to surprise my dad by getting my poem framed for him.

I'm going into so much detail so as you'll understand I don't just want to get the piece of paper its written on framed. I kinda want it "Prettied up" (if that makes sense), like re-written in nice writting on nice paper and then framed. Cost ain't an issue as this is really important to me.

So does anyone know where I might be able to get this done???

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

somebody I know lost their husband in June this year, in september she found a poem he had written to her ( on the back of a bank letter ??) she had never seen the poem before and as you can imagine it has come to mean alot to her.
    For christmas we are getting a artist friend of ours to paint the poem in acrylic on canvas, I am collecting it this week and hope it comes out well.
    I also looked into other ideas photoshop etc... one of the best that might suit you is a company that laser cut a poem or portrait into wood ( I can't find the link now), it might be too late for christmas but a present like that would be good anytime

good luck

Advertisement