Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homevision - Any views

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭bb27

Hi Nadie,
    I had terrible trouble with the Homevision service, I was in an apartment block and Homevision didn't bother offering us a trial as it was a take it or leave it option. I actually signed a contract with them at the start but the service was so bad that I got out of the contract after three months (& legal advice), on the grounds that the service they gave me was sooooo bad over 3 months - that the contract never kicked in because the service wasn't at a level over the months where it could be deemed to be normal. There were breakdowns / channels switching in & out / poor reception / not supplying me a telephone number for the phoneline I got from them & charging for 2nd room viewing they never installed). Honestly I'm telling you these are shams. NTL might not be much better, but they are much cheaper, Sky seem to be much better but are pricier...pick who you like but I'd advise you not to waste time with Homevision, their channel selection is rubbish and they're really expensive.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Im working for Magnet and I can tell you all that its very difficult to maintain a TV signal down a DSL line. It is possible (I had the service myself, and it was quite good) but the further away from the exchange the worse it gets and the issue is not just attainable bandwidth (which can be up to 24mb), latency and other issues play a part also.

We still have customers on the service but huge tracts of our footprint are a big no-no until we see an improvement on the lines (possible VDSL etc.). So homevision could offer it with a clear conscious...but the IPTV department would need to be on the ball and be aware it can only be received well by a smaller number of customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Nadie x x x

bb27 wrote: »
    Have the misfortune of having Homevision for TV and Broadband, complete rubbish, I wouldn't believe all the promo rubbish about value etc. Terrible provider which you'd be well advised to avoid!!!
    Hi you say homevision is complete rubbish??
    I jus had a look at there web site they offer a 30day trail so why you still with them if its so bad not say something for your self???:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Nadie x x x

thanks for your reply!! god I was just looking you have something bad to say about every company it seems? I have tv service with NTL and phone wit smart and to tell you the truth I would try any other services now at this stage hopefully I can get there service soon and then I will come back and let everyone know how i get on... sounds fair to me and I get a free 30 day trial :rolleyes:

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

thanks for your reply!! god I was just looking you have something bad to say about every company it seems? I have tv service with NTL and phone wit smart and to tell you the truth I would try any other services now at this stage hopefully I can get there service soon and then I will come back and let everyone know how i get on... sounds fair to me and I get a free 30 day trial :rolleyes:

easy there......people are giving you advice here.....to my knowledge the only person with a declared interest here is me so you might want to take their advice.

Also remember switching 2 times in one month would not be a very enjoyable experience so i wouldnt advise you to jump at the chance to risk it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭markpauldunne

Hello all,

I've just had Homevision Installed in dublin 2. I didnt really want Tv but the basic 8 or so chanells didnt affect the price much so I took the 58 euro package. This Includes calls to landlines. There was a 24 period where I had nothing during the change. A week in everything is working but The Phone Is VOIP so everyone N.B. you cant run certain devices for example a credit card machine on this and Im pretty sure the sound is not as good during conversation. The TV quality is fairly poor (Although I dont use it anyway.) Finally the broadband is fine, I had 3mb Eircom and cant feel any drop or change in service.

Can anyone tell me the minimum contract for the package I am on. I will eventually move on to BT I think they are best for Phone and BB alone.

In the meantime I will carry on with HV until Im out of contract. Oh and Ive yet to see a bill...

Advertisement