Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Itchy beard

• 13-12-2007 9:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 290 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Ive got about 3-4 days growth and i wanna see what i look like with a beard but
    the problem ive got is its itching like crazy....

Any tips to stop this torture ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

It stops after a while. Let it grow and it'll go away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Yeah you just have to ride it through ... well worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Tak3n wrote: »

Shave?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Hi guys,

Ive got about 3-4 days growth and i wanna see what i look like with a beard but
    the problem ive got is its itching like crazy....

I have a beard all the time. I get itchy when i shave... and cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Hair conditioner to soften it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 290 ✭✭Tak3n

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Shave?

You obviously missed a key point in the post... but if this was an attempt at humor you sir FAIL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

We need photos.
    From all of you.

Seening as I'm too young I can post my torso to prove I've no beer belly if the women want.

Or men, I'm politically correct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Stop being a pussy.

ps beards are not cool

Stop being a pussy.

ps beards are not cool

I think bin laden looks pretty neat tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

You obviously missed a key point in the post... but if this was an attempt at humor you sir FAIL

If he wants a beard but can't handle a little itch, he doesn't deserve one. Beards are for REAL men. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Hows about a wee scratch??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Maybe try wearing something like this?

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    If he wants a beard but can't handle a little itch, he doesn't deserve one. Beards are for REAL men. :D

Its actually for your mum... she likes the way it feels when i go down on her ;);)

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Local anaesthetic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Just stick with it, the itch goes away after a while. Wash regularly though, and a bit of conditioner isn't a bad idea at all, that should help if it's getting too itchy to handle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Just stick with it, the itch goes away after a while. Wash regularly though, and a bit of conditioner isn't a bad idea at all, that should help if it's getting too itchy to handle.

I thought the idea of people growing beards was to look homeless and stinking and never have to wash thier filthy,dirty selves again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I don't get that itchyness. :confused:

:)

I'm at 3 weeks growth now, well with some trimming along the way. A good shampoo and condition can work wonders. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭barclay2

I think we all get that itching. And its worse in hot weather and/or if there's a light breeze. Its fun to scratch though, and not just with your hand. You can find yourself doing with with stuff like coins, bottle caps etc.

It does go away though. Most of the time, for me, that means its gotten too long. I think beards look better when they're not actual....well, beards yet. Its that in between bit that's coolest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭SubjectSean

Ya, be like a man :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Huh, I had a few days' growth and it got real itchy so I got the bright idea to have a wet shave last night... was really painful and still itchy all night, then had a rash in the morning.

Moral of the story: ehh... I'm sure there's one... I'll get back to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

barclay2 wrote: »
    It does go away though. Most of the time, for me, that means its gotten too long. I think beards look better when they're not actual....well, beards yet. Its that in between bit that's coolest.
    Beard trimmer ftw. I've been using a beard trimmer over a year now. It hardly leaves any stubble on the lowest setting and you don't get that annoying feeling like you do after a razer shave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Moved from AH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Many guys forget to wash when they dont shave. They go from scraping away the top layer of skin on their faces to going unwashed, hence the itch. Your skin is healing microscopically, like any wound keep it clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Who forgets to wash their face?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

I do.

If its not Wednesday, its not washday. Thats what I say.

Advertisement