Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COMMUNITY EFFORT - Stream a webcam Dec 31

Options
  • 13-12-2007 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks. We want to stream a webcam feed from our community website for the town's 300 year celebrations launch on December 31st. A business premises on the square has offered use of their webcam pointing out of their office to capture the event. They have a digiweb connection - Bizwave. Our website is www.durrowvillage.com - any ideas? Is there free webcam streaming services that we could link to?

Please help! - We will credit you on our homepage for any help given! Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Have you approached digiweb? They might sponsor it if they get some free advertising out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

Hi Danno...

I have used "Windows Media Encoder" very successfully for streaming audio/video. Stream can be viewed using windows media player/vlc. It will require a port (which you specify) to be opened on the router. I'm sure a link of some sort can be incorporated on your website. PM me for a demo if you wish.

I would suggest a camcorder and a video to USB converter for best quality...web cams can be total crud at night. Another option would be an IP camera. They are pricey, but are a doddle to configure. Ideal for CCTV applications.

Best of luck.

Advertisement