Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

custom tat?

Options
  • 13-12-2007 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

did most people on here bring in there own design and just have the artist do that or have many of you just went in with and idea and let the artist draw up a custom design? im hoping to get a custom job done after christmas, would it cost more?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I had a design but needed some changes made, I brought it in and the artist was like *scribble scribble* "You mean like this?" and it was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

My first tattoo - I brought in the design, as it was one I'd wanted for ages!
    For my second one I told the artist what I wanted - A tribal phoenix - that I wanted it to be complimentary to my first tattoo, and that I wanted it different from all the other phoenixes that ya usually see in tattoo flash work which are usually pretty feminine, and the design that he did up surpassed my expectations and I like it even more than the first one, which I didnt think could happen! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i've had an almost exact design for all mine, though my last one, i brought in a basic, line sketch, and the artist put in all this absolutely beautiful colour and background, and a tattoo that i had been excited about from teh off became infinitely better than i could have ever anticipated.

going back in today for my second session of my current one... have a design that has to be a little bit simplified, so elements of the background will be used/disused/altered to suit that, so ill have to let you know how that works.... ill be leaving it largely up to the artist, though will obviously be checkin it before the needle comes near me.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

well i have a good idea in my head of what i want just dont have a specific design so i guess il leave it to the artist to draw it up, might get him to do two designs just in case! anyway thanks for the feedback.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I found the design for my first tattoo on the interweb, and a quote so the artist just put the two together.

the second ones were a mural on a wall. I found the artist and let her tattoo them on me, after a few adjustments and many discussions about colours and the like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

i drew up all mine except a few... in our studio, its really 50/50.. some people bring in a design they have found on the internet/drawn or had drawn for them, others come in with a few ideas and ask the artist to put it to paper for them..
    then you have people that just pick straight from the wall..

Advertisement