Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

port road tragedy

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 maxs

Cabaal wrote: »
    Apparently he was speeding and hit the car as it was coming out of a junction, car was turned over so he must have hit it at some speed

Just to let you know kenny was coming home from a long days work. when the car in front was turning left.kenny was going down to next left but never made it because the car pulled out and it all happen to fast for even kenny to brake or advoide the car. people should get fact right before writting them on internet. at end of day he should be still here with us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 maxs

My friend was driving not far behind the motorbike at the moment of impact. She said that he must have overtaken her at around 140kph and then a few seconds later the car pulled out onto the main road from a side access road. I don't need to say what happened after that.

Ok your friend said she was behind him and he was going 140kph. WHAT WAS SHE DOING THEN IN SPEED. Yea should get your fact right first. what do yea think if there familys read these messages. they have been true enough. They lost a son,brother,couisn and friend to many people. He got the biggest send off last sunday over 200 hundred bikes in respect of him. Just be carefully what yea say it can hurt many people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

maxs wrote: »
    Ok your friend said she was behind him and he was going 140kph. WHAT WAS SHE DOING THEN IN SPEED. Yea should get your fact right first.

Re-read the original post. She was behind the bike because it had overtaken her moments before.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Just to let you know kenny was coming home from a long days work. when the car in front was turning left.kenny was going down to next left but never made it because the car pulled out and it all happen to fast for even kenny to brake or advoide the car. people should get fact right before writting them on internet. at end of day he should be still here with us.

Does it matter where he was coming from? The speed limit on that road is 50km/hr and witnesses say he was driving at speed. To overtake, he must have been breaking the speed limit. Hence, not being able to stop.

Saying that, people still gave there condolences and were just stating how it happened. You summed up everything that was said - apart from speed.

Please, don't come on here shouting the odds. I don't mind someone offering a counter claim, but have some respect.
    Ok your friend said she was behind him and he was going 140kph. WHAT WAS SHE DOING THEN IN SPEED. Yea should get your fact right first. what do yea think if there familys read these messages. they have been true enough. They lost a son,brother,couisn and friend to many people. He got the biggest send off last sunday over 200 hundred bikes in respect of him. Just be carefully what yea say it can hurt many people

As you said "get your facts right". The OP did NOT say that. Re-read the post, and correct yourself.

I (amongst the posters here) have deepest sympathies for friends and family, and its always great to see a nice crowd at a funeral - big or small though, it doesn't make much of a difference. I'm offended that your suggesting otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm not certain of the exact speed she was going, but she wouldn't have been speeding. She was the very first person on the scene, so I'm going to stand by whatever she says.

I really don't want to debate or argue about something as insignificant as this because at the end of the day, people have lost someone very dear to them and nothing's going to change that

• Advertisement
Advertisement