Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nVidia Announces 3-Way SLI.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭TheThreeDegrees

FFS!
    Well there we go,we've read it from the horses mouth so to speak..three GTX's to play Crysis at max settings!INSANE!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

FFS!
    Well there we go,we've read it from the horses mouth so to speak..three GTX's to play Crysis at max settings!INSANE!

Yeah but come one how many people need to play games at those kind of resolutions?

Most use a max resolution of 1650x1050...and a single gtx can do this...admittedly not with all the trimmings but most of them...
    crysis is next generation game so it only makes sense that current cards are struggling with it particulary if you start bumping up resolutions...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,612 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

If it weren't for games like Crysis, which push the hardware to catch up, the PC gaming industry would be long dead. It was kind of sad for a while where a 8800GTX played all games at max res with ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

3 way sli is real overkill :)

I have a 8800 gtx and its not too far away from being playable at max settings 1900x1200 in crysis. 2 would definitely manage it. 3 way sli would be overkill to the max.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

I have 2 GTXs but i have yet to install Crysis.

Anyway, I up dated the first post with a new link that tests and benches the SLI 3 way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

every other game besides crysis will play pretty well with just one GTX at reasonable resolution! This is for the person who can afford it then afford to regret it a year down the line when they 6 cards on the one board or something!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

also a new first, it will cook your eggs too.

too much tbh, and anyone who seriously considers using 3 graphics cards need to get laid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

dell sent me a new 720h2c because they lost my order in the post. I have 2 nivida cards with SLI but had to swtich it off to get extended worktop. Games??? Poker runs fine on it :D

Advertisement