Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway City Council Parking Ticket Appeal

Options
  • 13-12-2007 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

I hate Traffic Wardens!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Sorry, but on what grounds are you appealing? It seems like the "BUT IT'S MEEEE!" grounds... just pay it and move on.
    ...I think the traffic wardens have been put on commission or something as they handing out tickets like candy if you park in a loading bay.
    Or maybe they're finally doing their job and maybe they're focusing on an area that needs to be kept clear so the rest of the world that visits that area can do their job and get around town. Just a thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭LawnMower Man

I hate Traffic Wardens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Just a bit curious...when you say "it used to be safe....." it comes across as saying, i used to get away with but maybe im reading it wrong.
    What is the time frame you are allowed to use for a loading bay,if you have gone over this then fair is fair?Are you even meant to be using a loading bay?
    Can you use a carpark instead?
    Just curious by the way its nothing personal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

These are the rules (and I don't agree 100% with them).

1) If you aren't in a commercially taxed vehicle you can't park in a loading bay

2) You are only supposed to remain in the loading bay for 30 minutes (or as sign states)

3) You may only use the lading bay as a loading bay during the alloted loading bay time (Cross Street: Loading Bay 6am to 1pm. Clearway 1pm to 6pm. Open Parking 6pm to 6am. Vehicles there between 1pm and 6pm can be ticketed or clamped).

So, why did you get ticketed (it says it on the ticket), and what was on the loading bay sign at the time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭LawnMower Man

I hate Traffic Wardens!

• Advertisement

So, what's your work?

fwiw, Eircom is now a private company, so I believe that they should get tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

It appears to me that the basis of your appeal is that you used to get away with it and don't anymore so you shouldn't have to pay the fine. Having a hard time having any sympathy for you here...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Snowball in hell, that your chance imo.
    Pay up and see if you can get a permit for city centre.

I was fined 60 on two consecutive days and had to pay 120 total for being late with tax disc in the city. It sucks but that's life buddy...

Why has the OP deleted all of his posts???

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

He couldn't take the heat so got out of the kitchen.

• Advertisement

Ah, a troll, eh? I wonder if I caught him could I train him to sit at the bottom of my garden?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

That's a Gnome.
    Trolls live under bridges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Its a gamble to appeal. You have x amount of days to pay the fine. If you don't pay the fine in x amount of days the fine goes up alot. The amount of days it takes to check each appeal is greater than x so its a gamble.

Advertisement