Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any idea how much this is worth?

Options
  • 14-12-2007 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭

Right, so here's the deal. I've got a 2001 1.6 baseline Passat which I am looking to get rid of in the new year due to work giving me some stupid people carrier to trundle around in.

Problem is, I can't figure out how much its worth. I've checked a few websites but the low mileage (compared to other ones of the same age for sale) makes it difficult to figure out.

Full details:

2001 baseline Passat.
    44,000 miles. Bought it off the Mammy last year and has been driven round Dublin mainly pretty much the whole time.
    NCT till November 08 (I think)

Exterior is generally good. Back bumber has a number of marks but nothing major. Interior is fine.

No crashes, wheelies or people vomiting in it ever. Never had any bother with it. So much like Richard Dunne, its big, solid, dependable and a bit slow.

Any ideas folks? Help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

www.ros.ie says €7019

STATISTICAL CODE: 40185309
    MAKE: VOLKSWAGEN
    MODEL: PASSAT 1.6 (Nov. 2000 - May 2005)
    VERSION: 102BHP 04DR / SALOON / MANUAL / PETROL ONLY /
    MILEAGE: 44000 MILES

The information requested in respect of the vehicle shown is indicated below.
    DATE OF FIRST REGISTRATION(MM/YY): NOVEMBER 2001
    OPEN MARKET SELLING PRICE:
    (applicable on enquiry date) €7019

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Advertise it for €6,750 to attract buyers but be fairly firm during negotiations. You should be able to get €6,500 or near enough in a private sale. Popular car. I presume it has a good service history?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Is it the facelift, or a late-registered pre-facelift? Does it have climate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

unkel wrote: »
    Advertise it for €6,750 to attract buyers but be fairly firm during negotiations. You should be able to get €6,500 or near enough in a private sale. Popular car. I presume it has a good service history?

Yep full history from the VW garage in Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Anan1 wrote: »
    Is it the facelift, or a late-registered pre-facelift? Does it have climate?

Late registered pre-facelift. No climate.

Cheers for all the advice folks. Am half considering hanging on to the old battle bus. Not much point if I'm only using it on the weekends though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement