Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Virgin

Options
  • 14-12-2007 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Most decent places could do this for you and do it well. If you're looking at Dublin city centre, then I'd say Snakebite, Inkwell, Colourworks, Art tattoo, Celestial ring. You'd probably be looking at maybe 15/20 minutes as the lines are quite thick, but the minimum charge is generally an hour... so €80/€100 I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Mariuzs in Snakebite, 20mins, €90

roughly the same amount of work as went into mine so that's your best estimate...
    as for the minium charge places, they're usually dingey little places, or what I've seen anyway, that creep the hell outta me so imo I'd stay well away from em...ye wanna go somewhere reliable like...

As for gettin another 20min tatt under tha same price, it doesn't really work like that, it's about how much work and stuff goes into it...

• Advertisement

Not sure about the prices there, but I have heard good stuff, as for appointment etc, I don't know, you have to book about a week in advance with SB so maybe it's the same, maybe not

lol! :D my description of the pain is that of having a rusty nail dragged through your flesh, but then others don't mind it at all, I'm into piercings that's why I didnt enjoy it!

Healing, for your's a few days to a week I guess, get yourself some Bepanthen, it's nappy rash cream but rub in with disinfected hands every four hours for the first few days, then a couple times a day after that. It's irritating but worth it!

work..eh it's not like you're gonna lose use of your hand, it'll just be tender for a while, best best would be to get it done when you've a day off.

Just while I think of it, I was gonna get a tatt on my inner wrist like this, but have since been advised against it for the time being cuz you're gonna see it the WHOLE time so it may eventually get on your nerves, maybe think about it a little while longer or get it somewhere else...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

I know Wildcat has a minimum charge of €80 and I got two tattoos at once there for that price. Two stars one on each shoulder that took about twenty minutes each.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i woudlnt worry about going into work after getting a wrist tattoo... it's not a massively huge one, it'll just feel like it's a bit bruised/scratched, you'll have clingfilm on it to protect it from germs, and the worst you'll do is bang it off something, say 'ow', and then forget abotu it again.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

They should all be able to do a decent job at text to be honest, so if you're heading into snakebite to get yours done she could come along and talk it over with the staff there.

yeah if she has the text already in print anyone should be able for it, I was gonna get a text one too, and was gonna get Mariuzs to do it if that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Zulu are good, I got mine done there and the guys in there were sound (I think the guy on reception there did some fashion thing on RTE, remember seeing him in some newspaper and recognising the tattoos). They won't take bookings over the phone (based on when I got one there a couple of years ago) and had a minimum price 2 years ago of around €60 or so but I think that was for if you were just going in for a touch up or something as opposed to a new tattoo.

I have a tattoo on my forearm I'm getting removed, it's easily covered up by a jumper or long sleeve tshirt but I hated being in work having to wear long shirts on the hottest days of the year (also it looks horrible).

Give a lot of thought to a tattoo you're going to get in a very visible place like your wrist, it'll be difficult to cover it up if you get a job in an office in ten years time or whatever (you never know where you're going to end up).

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but that's a band tattoo or something isn't it? HIM or My Chemical Romance or one of them? Bam Margera has a similar one?

If I'm right then think for a good while before you get it whether you're still going to be into that band in ten years. I know it's esoteric enough that most people won't recognise the connection but you still will.

In terms of pain, pinch the bit of skin where you're thinking of getting it done. If it hurts a lot it'll probably hurt getting it tattooed, if it doesn't hurt it'll probably hurt less so.

It's all subjective, one persons pain is another persons pleasure. Even if it hurts like hell it's only be for 20 minutes or so and after that it'll hurt a bit but it'll heal up fairly quickly and you'll never have to think of that pain again.

When I got the one on my shoulder I bumped into a guy I hadn't seen in ages afterwards and he gave me a full force punch in the shoulder as a kinda "howaya doin" sort of thing... Moral of the story is? No matter where you get a tattoo or piercing, someone will hit you there at some point and it'll hurt like hell...

steveland? wrote: »
    (I think the guy on reception there did some fashion thing on RTE, remember seeing him in some newspaper and recognising the tattoos).

That would be Graham Cruz who's on that dodgy show on RTE1.

Hmm... to be honest it's unique to the person and place on the body but I'd describe it as a localised burning sensation with the odd intense bit when another nerve in the skin gets a bit torn-up.

Any of the decent places can give you an aftercare sheet, but again to be honest it can vary from person to person as the rate of healing depends both on the size of the tattoo (amount of damage the body has to heal) and the person, the current state of health, amount of rest you get etc....
    As such it'll be a good guide but if you get a number of tattoos you'll get to learn how your own body heals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

our (inkwell tattoo) minimum charge is 60. I'd say you could get two of those for that....perhaps more depending on what.

• Advertisement

I dunno about anyone else, but I put bepanthen on everytime after washing it.

When you're washing it use an anti-bacterial liquid soap, wash your hands with it first, then the tattoo, rise it off, either let it dry or pat it dry with kitchen roll, DON'T RUB IT!

Then gently massage in a little bepanthen/whatever you're gonna use. You don't need much, and there shouldn't be any visible cream left on your skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

im surprised about zulu, im just finished a three session piece in there, and i've found them to be nothing but friendly and accommodating.

anyway, i would say to put the bepanthen on at least twice daily for the first week of the tattoo.

I used to wash mine with the antibac soap about twice a day, and put the bpanthen on about every four or five hours for about a week, then just a few times a day till the skin heals up...get piccies up when ye can! :)

I used bepanthen but then it started giving me major rashes so I now use vitamin e oil. You can get it in a bottle from Holland & Barrats just rub it straight on. It heals it quicker then bepanthen and the tiny little bottle last ages.

xtruthx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I think, ideally, it shouldn;t fully scab, you should put the cream on whenever it feels dry and/or scabby.

But it's completely normal for it to get flakey, and for little flakey bits to come off all the time.

When that happens it's generally not scabbed over, i's dead skin cells and excess ink, and it's normal to have the stuff come off when you're cleaning them or when you're moisturising

• Advertisement
Advertisement