Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The moon last night (Thur)

Options
  • 14-12-2007 7:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

Just wondering. Did anybody see the moon last night?

If so, what position in the sky was it, ie South, East etc.

I was on the phone to my friend at around 7pm and staring out the window. I saw what I presumed was the moon, but it was odd because it seemed very big, bright, colourated (yellowy) and in the shape of a cone/quarter crescent.

First thing I said was "dude check out the moon tonight, its nuts".

Anyway, it appeared to shrink into nothing in a matter of about 10 seconds, without reappearing, and there was little in the way of clouds in that area.

I thought this was very strange. If the moon was in the South West last night, then its no biggy, but if not, f**k me that was something pretty weird I saw.

Serious answers only please. I'm not taking the piss.

Thanks.

PS, please dont move this to paranomal until someone tells me where the moon was last night, as I'm barred for a week for telling someone to s**k my b***s. Purely coincidental I assure you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

What's the moon got to do with the Paranormal forum? You'd be better off asking the guys over in Astronomy & Space.

Anyway, the Moon was very, very low in the South West last night around 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

yeah i saw it too,

I managed to get a photo of it on my phone, twas very weird all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Oh cance - you cheeky little monkey! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

Thats the polution in Dublin for you. Either its making to moon look a different colour, or your getting high on its effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Moved from AH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

That probably was the moon you saw. It is only just past new and at this stage would be just a narrow crescent and low in the sky and not lasting long. Over the next few nights the crescent will get larger and it will spend longer in the sky before setting. The red colouration is usually due to it being low and it being near the horizon not long after the sun sets.

Keep your eyes on the sky. There is a lot to be seen. Tonight will be a good night for meteors and Mars is on show currently, along with the fine constellation of Orion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Thanks guys.

Yes, I saw the moon tonight and it is slightly higher in the sky. I've never seen the moon colourated and appear to shrink like last night. It was quite a sight.

Advertisement