Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DHL are morons

Options
  • 14-12-2007 8:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭

Sent a phone in for repair last week.
    Phone company repaired the handset and despatched it back to me via DHL last Friday.
    Was expecting to get it on Tuesday but it never came.

Checked DHL website with tracking number:
    Said it had reached Shannon last Friday.
    WTF?

Ring DHL to find out why it's apparently languishing in Shannon for 4 days.
    No help.
    Told that they can't do a trace with that tracking number because it's "still within it's transit time" whatever the fcuk that means and i'd have to ring back on Wednesday for the trace.
    Idiots!

Ring back on Wednesday:
    Told that it was never despatched by the phone company.
    Ah FFS.
    Get back on to the phone company and they assure me that it most certainly fcuking well has been despatched..
    Clowns!

Phone company talk to DHL and get back to me.
    This time they give me a different tracking number to quote to DHL (cos someone in DHL obviously fcuked up the first tracking number).
    But they say that DHL tell them that it has been delivered and signed for.
    No it fcuking hasn't been signed for.
    Morons!

Get back on to DHL and after telling them this they say it actually may be still in transit.
    Which is it.
    Imbeciles.

I say fcuk this and say i'll go down to the depot myself to see if it's there.
    Of course i'm told the depot doesn't open til 3.30 and i have to ring DHL back before i go down.
    (They refused to ring me back instead).
    A$$holes!

Ring DHL back around 3:30 and i'm told depot won't be open for another half-hour and to ring DHL back at 4 instead.
    Why did ye say ring ye back at 3:30 then.
    Pricks!

Eventually the only decent person in the whole organisation admits they fcuked up and it was indeed at the depot and i can just go down and collect it no problem.

Turns out it was at the depot for 2 days because they couldn't find my house: A line from the address was missing and my contact number on the package was truncated.
    So why the fcuk did they pick it up for delivery in the first place if these weren't verified properly.
    And why couldn't they trace it properly when i asked them.
    Fools.

/End rant

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

DHL are owned by the German post office.
    I sent five items with them from Germany to Ireland using their 'premium' air mail service.
    Should have taken three days, rang up on day three...
    "German DHL:Yes sir I realise you gave it to us on Saturday,but it was picked up this morning (Tuesday),I have no further information"

Day Four
    "Irish DHL:Oh no, thats a German DHL number,cant track it"

Day five..
    "Irish DHL:Of course we can track that(customer stupidity implied)....its just left the UK(WTF?)It will be dispatched to the address tomorrow...airmail? no thats coming by road sir"

Day Six (Friday)
    "Irish DHL:I dont know who told you it would be dispatched today, its not in the country yet.....No we dont deliver outside 9-5 M-F, So it will be Monday"

Day Eight (Monday)Parcels arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

dobsdave wrote: »
    "Irish DHL:Of course we can track that(customer stupidity implied)....its just left the UK(WTF?)It will be dispatched to the address tomorrow...airmail? no thats coming by road sir"
    Did you think there were direct DHL flights between IE and DE?

DHL, TNT, UPS etc.., all used UK depots to serve ROW.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishfeller

DHL are crap - had to get something delivered to the US on a deadline one time. Asked them could they do it and they swore blind that they could.

Package was late of course after me spending loads on the delivery charge. You can track the package on the website - that's a laugh as the package seems to sit in one place for days on end before being moved on to another place! 2 days after I sent my package the website said that package was still sittin in a dublin warehouse - and I had sent it 'Priority'!

And don't use dhl around christmas...they seem to be even slower than regular mail at this time of year!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

You should email that tracking link and tracking number to the yanks who will yell at DHL for you :p

It proves you did what you said !

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

tech77 wrote: »
    Turns out it was at the depot for 2 days because they couldn't find my house: A line from the address was missing and my contact number on the package was truncated.
    So why the fcuk did they pick it up for delivery in the first place if these weren't verified properly.
    /End rant

You should take the address issue up with the shipper. A DHL driver cannot be expected to know that the validity of an address in a different country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Had similar problems with DHL last christmas, ordered stuff from Hong Kong delivery was due to get to me the week before christmas, tracked it on line until it arrived in Dublin and expected it in another 2 days, when it did not arrive checked online again and they had shipped them to brussels :eek: because they don't road things to Shannon from Dublin Contacted them and due to weather they could not deliver before christmas then they closed down for christmas and new year, eventually went to the depot in Limerick to pick it up, there was 20 odd € owed in duty but i was so glad to get the parcel I forgot about it, two weeks later I got a demand from a collection agence to pay up or else :confused:
    DHL never again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

parsi wrote: »
    You should take the address issue up with the shipper. A DHL driver cannot be expected to know that the validity of an address in a different country.

No I accept the possibility the shipper may have been partly to blame for the omission of the first line of the address.
    But the note from the shipper inside had my address perfect so I wonder were they really responsible.
    But it was more that my contact number was truncated on the DHL sticker (missing 2 digits), a DHL fcuk up I would think and nothing to do with the shipper.
    So DHL couldn't call me.

But as I said the wrong address and contact number wasn't even the point.
    It was that when I got on to them about it they hadn't a clue where it was- and that (rather than the fcuked up address and number) resulted in the delay.

Advertisement