Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advertising Packages

Options
  • 14-12-2007 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,
    Just wondering where do I start here? I have a fair few ideas on the process myself I was just wondering if you had any advice?
    Thanks
    Gary

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Buying or selling?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭randombar

Hi Aidan,
    Thanks for the speedy reply, selling add space on my site for MILLIONS is what I'd like to do!
    Thanks
    Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Whats your site, you're going to have to give a lot more information before anyone can help.

For all your drinking needs go to Rate My Pub :D

I also get 250,000 page views a month on MCEM and CEM Exam Guide so might try something with that too?

Building some advertising packages or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

It would be easier if you give the link, although it might be in your sig, but I turn sigs off...

Anyway, 250k page views... what does that break down in terms of Unique Visitors, do you have information on demographics etc.

The more information you have on visitors the better, as an advertiser I'd be looking at reasons I'd advertise with you instead of tailored and specific advertising with the likes of adwords or facebook.

What type of ads are you selling, sizes, placement, CTR's?, prices: CPM or fixed etc.

First impressions, the site doesn't look the best, whats with the weird fonts and garish colors?

• Advertisement

Ah ya sorry zabbo have it in my sig.

as for the 250K of page views ya haha on;y 4,000 unique visitors a month :D it's a subscription site for online exams!

the other site www.ratemypub.ie is where i'd like to get the advertising up and running! and yes I hate the look of it at the moment but we are doing a bit of a revamp at the moment and will have something pretty nice (will be up for review) after christmas

and as for what type of adds I'm selling well ya I'm not selling any at the moment so want to know where to start!

thanks for any help and advice you can give me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

I'm a pioneer for that concept :)
    The first place to log the price of your pint and have a rant in ireland was drinkfeckgirls.com
    Alot of fun running it even made an appearence on the last word...

It is a good traffic driver

good luck with it

Thanks a lot egan, the new layout I'm working on (tough as hell with the ajax coding behind it) should make it stand out a bit more! Lot o work involved in it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭BRENSH

You are certainly fairly lucky alright with 4000 unique visitors a month.
    Maybe some of you will laugh and go I get 10 times that.
    But for someone who is only geting about 50 visits a month thats a huge difference.

I hope to start really working on my site. Mine is fairly poor at the moment. but I have about 5 weeks over the Christmas to do a total revamp. I hope to make it super sleek. Real 2.0 and all. So I am dapping my hand in a lot of technologies at the moment.

Again 4000 cool. I would love to know how much it is worth. Could you buy a car with it for instance.

Also with advertising did you ever try google adsense or anything like that. I think you could make a bit for that but the income would not be fixed of course. You would just be hoping and praying.

Best of Luck with your project.

Finally do you have many people working on your projects or you a lone wolf.

Ya not a big fan of google ad sense myself, I guess since I've never in my life clicked on one of those google links or even looked at them (I think i've trained myself not to) I can't see myself making any money at all from it!

As for my projects, well it all depends on the project

Working with college with one

Working with a number of doctor friends of mine on another

Working with a number of other business partners with another.

I really just need help putting together a few business packages / advertising packages to get the ball rolling?

How much do I ask for?

What do I meaure it off? Page views? unique visitors? time on site?

• Advertisement
Advertisement