Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What one change would you make?

Options
  • 14-12-2007 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

So in the spirit of the avoidance of flail chests I began to ponder what one change I would make to the UCD campus to make it better for people/me.

Mine's only small: Put some toilets in the Health Sci Library so you dont' have to deal with the huge freezing outside bit before going back inside into the main building to go to the bathroom.

But what would you do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭TheThing!

I agree, it is always freezing when I go for a widdle outside, and I got caught by the feds and went to court over it too

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

That's what the fountain outside it is for!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

So in the spirit of the avoidance of flail chests I began to ponder what one change I would make to the UCD campus to make it better for people/me.

Mine's only small: Put some toilets in the Health Sci Library so you dont' have to deal with the huge freezing outside bit before going back inside into the main building to go to the bathroom.

But what would you do?

Disabled toilets on the bottom floor ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Simple. 2 giant zip lines so you can get from Centra to the student centre in a matter of seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

Simple. 2 giant zip lines so you can get from Centra to the student centre in a matter of seconds.

Genius. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Disabled toilets on the bottom floor ;)

Oh i know, but that's only one and like all of section c smells weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

24 hour access to the library for post-grads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

A bloody exam hall ON CAMPUS. One that could cater for all the students.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Dutch Gold cans for sale in the student bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

Not only more toilets in the library, but more men's toilets in the whole health sciences building. the current ratio of mens-womens is about 1:4. It makes me cry a little inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

MatthewVII wrote: »
    Not only more toilets in the library, but more men's toilets in the whole health sciences building. the current ratio of mens-womens is about 1:4. It makes me cry a little inside.
    The world is our urinal

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭rollie

seconded....although i'm not doing enough work at the moment to warrant it....

i would probablly....give post-grads the access code for the study room weekly without having to ask for it....no wait a post-grad study building, with wine

....yes thats better

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

MatthewVII wrote: »

But women take longer to pee than men so it's needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

More men in engineering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

A BA to be worth something in the outside world

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

More Irish lads in my class. We've hardly enough to make a football team :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

hell yeah!!

and the bloody timetable too,please dont force me to eat my books 24hr nonstop for 4 days!!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Tá Mé Gaeilge

thats what they should put on top of the grey shelter running the whole way along campus- well that or a luas would look cool up there too

Monorail!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Swimming Pool?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

If they were gonna do that wouldn't it be just the same as leaving it open 24 hours for all students? Don't leave out us lowly under-grads!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Assets Model

A decent food franchise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Cans in the student bar seconded. Trinity know how to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Sabbatical election candidates who don't use boards.ie as a shameless hunting ground for election manifesto material.

:D;)

I'm changing my change. Decent sound proofing between floors in res - they are just some things one should never have to hear at 8am on a saturday morning when you're trying to study.

Ugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Tá Mé Gaeilge

Vainglory wrote: »
    Sabbatical election candidates who don't use boards.ie as a shameless hunting ground for election manifesto material.

:D;)

hmmmmm who created this thread eh???

I'd love to see a cycle lane through campus with proper ramps for wheelchairs and bikes- hundreds of people cycle through campus and the amount of people who crash on that ramp with the bend in it outside Tierney building is rediculous- especially when wheelchairs are involved

Right I'm officially stating now that that was never my intention with this thread. It was me just trying to keep my mind off the study.

I have always been a very vocal critic of electioneering on this board, so I'd be the last to actually do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

And furthermore, if anything from this thread appears on the manifesto of any sabbat elect named Steph, I'll ban her. How's that sound?

(So very not serious)

Oh you're far too kind - nothing like a possible banning looming over you to make you feel loved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

I would agree.We really need one.

Advertisement