Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Ericsson Update Service

• 14-12-2007 11:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭

Hi

Has anyone successfully used the Sony Ericsson Update Service? I download the Update Service software from their website and installed it. I have USB cable for phone (SE W810i) and followed instructions but I get no further from point when they tell me to turn off phone, take & re-insert battery and finally hold C button down while connecting phone to USB cable (connect to PC).

Has anyone got this working? Or should I even bother?

Thanks in advance!

Merry Christmas - Laoisfan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

I used this before on a W810 (I think because it flatlined and wouldn't come back to life so I used recovery mode). Once I got it back to life I updated the firmware.

First two times it failed at the 'C' stage. Third time it worked. I think you have to plug it into the PC, wait for the 'USB device connected' popup in the system tray (or long enough to get connected), THEN hold down 'C'.

See if you have admin rights on the computer.

HTH

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭laoisfan

oneweb wrote: »
    First two times it failed at the 'C' stage. Third time it worked. I think you have to plug it into the PC, wait for the 'USB device connected' popup in the system tray (or long enough to get connected), THEN hold down 'C'.

wow...spot on. this worked, turns out i had latest software on the phone anyway. thanks for the quick reply. i hate when the instructions they give you are incorrect. thanks for the help...much appreciated.

merry christmas - laoisfan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

laoisfan wrote: »
    wow...spot on. this worked, turns out i had latest software on the phone anyway. thanks for the quick reply. i hate when the instructions they give you are incorrect. thanks for the help...much appreciated.

merry christmas - laoisfan
    Glad I could help, Merry christmas to you too :)

It is what it's.

Advertisement